Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
01-01-2005, 05:14 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?

OK! I thought of starting a thread about New Year's Resolutions, but that tends to attract loads of responses from people saying "I don't make New Years Resolutions.....". Fair enough!

But really, whter you are into "resolutions" or not, a New Year heralds a new beginning. There is something very symbolic about leaving behind a previous year and the welcoming of a new one and most people (whether they admit it or not) feel some desire to make the new Year better in some way.

So, what could you do in your life to make 2005 better for you than 2004 was? Would it be to have a new job? Or be slimmer/fitter? Perhaps its a more life changing alteration like having kids or moving abroad. You have 365 days - in that time, how would you like to think your life would change?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2005, 05:31 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
I am going to be boring and say, I'm going to be slimmer & fitter!
01-01-2005, 05:35 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I am going to be boring and say, I'm going to be slimmer & fitter!

Me too. But this year I'm 40 and I'm determined to do both by my birthday in July. Also I've been suffering from a bad back for the last month or so, something I've never had before, so I'm extra determined on the fitness front.

Also I'm starting a new job so I'm looking forward to meeting new people and being better off financially although not holiday wise as I'll really miss my school holidays.
01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
I would like to be more selfish (if that's possible!!!) and please myself a bit more instead of others like my parents (esp my mum) and people at work. It's about time I stood up for myself a bit more and did what I want to instead of going for the easy life all the time ..... and then feeling resentful.
My first step in this direction will be not to be talked into and made to feel guilty that I don't want to go on holiday with my parents instead of just me and my son or going with friends.

....yes, yes I know I 42 and should be able to stick up for myself but a lifetime of having no money, no car and no husband have made me very feeble minded and easily pliable for other people to manipulate me.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
01-01-2005, 05:38 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
OK....I plan to..

1. not feel guilty about my drinking
2. keep going to the gym
3. still be a non smoker (2 years in april)
4. work hard at college and get good results
5. keep my eyebrows and general bodily hair at bay
6. grow my hair long again (well at least shoulder lenghth)
7. get the outside of the house painted
8. exfoliate regularly
9. start a conversation with the family 5 doors down who are desperate too
10. see more of one of my sisters.

There, hows that.

:drinking:
01-01-2005, 05:40 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
Cat Wrote:start a conversation with the family 5 doors down who are desperate to

Desperate to do what Cat? :blink:
01-01-2005, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2005 05:47 PM by Cat.)
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
maxine Wrote:Me too. But this year I'm 40 and I'm determined to do both by my birthday in July. Also I've been suffering from a bad back for the last month or so, something I've never had before, so I'm extra determined on the fitness front.

Also I'm starting a new job so I'm looking forward to meeting new people and being better off financially although not holiday wise as I'll really miss my school holidays.

Max, I'm 40 this year....next friday infact!! LORDY LOO Thats why even tho I've always kept quite fit I'm kicking it up a gear..also taking care of my skin more. Also...if you have a bad back seek advice on what excersises are best for you...some will help you back, a lot will make it worse.

HURAHH FOR US 1965 born babes.

Edit to say: 1965 was a baby boom year.
01-01-2005, 05:46 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Desperate to do what Cat? :blink:
Start a conversation...they are so smiley and actually seem really nice, but we just see them in passing as we get in the cars. I would like to meet them, I'm not just being kind....thats what I meant.

Not what you thought tho was it, you dirty girl.
01-01-2005, 05:46 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
Cat Wrote:Max, I'm 40 this year....next friday infact!! LORDY LOO Thats why even tho I've always kept quite fit I'm kicking it up a gear..also taking care of my skin more. Also...if you have a bad back seek advice on what excersises are best for you...some will help you back, a lot will make it worse.

HURAHH FOR US 1965 born babes.

Thanks for the advice, Cat. Luckily (or unluckily!) my husband has suffered with a bad back for years and he's been giving me tips on what exercises to do and he's curently cooking the dinner to save my poor back. Bless him - it's not easy cooking the dinner when you're trying to watch 'World's Stongest Man'. :laugh:
01-01-2005, 05:48 PM
2005 - whaddya gonna do?
Hmmm most of your plans are very inspiring. Smile I especially like Cat's plan of not feeling guilty about the amount she drinks...... Very good one that!

Anyway, my plans for 2005 are:

1. Not to let my career take over my life the way it did at times last year (I'm just gonna give my boss the finger every time he is unreasonable...in my dreams :wacko: )

2. Not to neglect my friends and my husband (if I manage the 1st point in my list, that should also sort this one out)

3. Get back the fantastic figure that I had when I was 22 (I know, I know - pipe dream!)

4. Have a baby. This is the most important one, but the one in which I have least influence over :sad:

Apart from the baby thing (potentially) all achieveable I think!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Meeting - 26th February 2005 ils 417 15,870 10-06-2007 12:59 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  your 2005 highlight kookycat 29 1,975 20-01-2006 01:34 PM
Last Post: Flyo
  2005 is dead, long live 2006 floopy 33 2,836 08-01-2006 06:30 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Dublin SO Meet - October 21st- 23rd 2005 ils 746 18,538 21-10-2005 08:48 AM
Last Post: Tigereye