Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28th October
28-10-2006, 08:32 PM
28th October

Awww - bye bye Kerry. Bye bye Dionne.

Actually, I'm a bit gutted about Dionne cos I thought she was fantastic. Seriously, her voice was one of the best in the competition. Unfortunately, I don't think she was allocated the best song tonight. But, she wouldn't have been my choice as one of the bottom two.

As for Kerry - personally I'm not sorry to see her go. She had a nice enough voice, but I think the judges had it spot on when they compared her to a hotel bar room singer. Her voice was pleasant, but it wasn't captivating. Kerry is background music and nothing more.

Why are the MacD brothers still there?????????? Is this the Scottish contingent keeping the votes up, cos these boys can't sing for sh!t?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2006, 08:55 PM
28th October
Figaro Wrote:Awww - bye bye Kerry. Bye bye Dionne.

Actually, I'm a bit gutted about Dionne cos I thought she was fantastic. Seriously, her voice was one of the best in the competition. Unfortunately, I don't think she was allocated the best song tonight. But, she wouldn't have been my choice as one of the bottom two.

As for Kerry - personally I'm not sorry to see her go. She had a nice enough voice, but I think the judges had it spot on when they compared her to a hotel bar room singer. Her voice was pleasant, but it wasn't captivating. Kerry is background music and nothing more.

Why are the MacD brothers still there?????????? Is this the Scottish contingent keeping the votes up, cos these boys can't sing for sh!t?

I think Dione had a great voice, I really liked her but somehow she just didn't appeal to the public. Louis was right to vote Kerry as I do think she has reached her peak but I am still astounded that the McD Brothers are still there. I don't know who the heck are voting for them as anyone I speak to (yes, all this Scottish contingent) think they are rubbish too!!

Ashley sang one of my favourite all time songs ever but for me he will never, ever measure up to Richard Fleishman (from Corrie) as he sung it how it should be sang!

Nikiti was quite poor tonight but I loved Robert who sang another of my favourite songs.

I think next week will be difficult for all of them as it has been proven before that the Abba songs are really difficult to sing.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2006, 11:22 PM
28th October
Bella Wrote:Ashley sang one of my favourite all time songs ever but for me he will never, ever measure up to Richard Fleishman (from Corrie) as he sung it how it should be sang!

I've no idea who Richard Fleishman is?!?!:unsure:
But surely you mean no-one can sing Moon dance like the original Van Morrison!

As for Ashley, to me it sounds like he is singing off key all the time.
I don't like him that much.

For me, my three favourites are Leona, Robert and of course Ben.
Ben's performance tonight was way ahead of all the others, and if justice is done he should win this contest.

[Image: 429.gif]
29-10-2006, 05:29 PM
28th October
I thought Ray's was the best performance tonight, although he is a bit of a one-trick pony.

Leona was good, but she oversang the song - she needs to keep it simple. Liked the bare feet.

Simon was spot-on with Dionne last week - she's a very good session/backing singer.

Also agree with him about Kerry - hotel lounge singer. The only "factor" she has is the sympathy one.

Ben was good, but I would question that he would have a solo career. His voice is better suited to fronting a band.

Robert was good, but again I would question if he has a solo career.

MacDonald brothers - well, please. If all his votes are coming from the Scots, then they deserve them!

Eton Road - sounded and looked fine until the creepy one joined in.

Ashley - yes, he does have tuning and memory issues, but at least he's different. Given the right music, he can be good.

Nikkita - sweet girl, but has nothing different about her voice.

The only ones with any hope of a career off the back of this programme are Leona, Ray and Ashley.
29-10-2006, 05:33 PM
28th October
I bloody well missed both the main show last night and the repeat today..just sat down to watch and my dad turned up:wallbash:

But I do think the right people went (cos I made sure hewas gone before the results show) and I don't rate Ashley at all.
29-10-2006, 05:35 PM
28th October
DYJHIW people just turn up unannounced? :wink_kiss
29-10-2006, 05:41 PM
28th October
Patsy Wrote:DYJHIW people just turn up unannounced? :wink_kiss
I hate it when SOME people turn up - announced or otherwise!!

I quite like SOME unexpected visitors:w00t:
29-10-2006, 08:15 PM
28th October
I always enjoy big band week...in fact I think it's my fave of all the challenges set before the finalists...here's my view on this weeks performances...

Ben - Loved him again this week!

Kerry - so glad she has finally gone...she has put me into a comma over the last few weeks

Dionne - great voice but I just couldn't warm to her at all...to me she had the personality of a damp squid...not surprised she went this week

Robert - bless him...I enjoyed his performance this week but also love his energy but he certainly sings better when he's calmer

Leonna - Definately the best female in the competition and her rendition of Summer time was unreal...excellent!

Ray - what a little showman...he really was in his element tonight

Nikita - does nothing for me I'm afraid - nothing there I haven't seen a thousand times before

Ashley - a real talent but has to learn that talent alone wont cut it he must work harder

Eaton Road - still think they deserve to go a long way as they are so refreshingly different

The McDonald Brothers - just made me think wedding singers...they really have done nothing to impress me so far

Oh gosh Abba next week...that is like white noise to me...I hate Abba...hate, hate, hate them! :wallbash: But can I miss the show?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tonights Show 15th October Cat 75 5,879 18-10-2005 11:16 AM
Last Post: Minklemar
  Tonights show 8th October. Cat 24 3,240 10-10-2005 01:23 PM
Last Post: Eternity