Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Series
20-06-2005, 02:42 PM
2nd Series

Just taken this off another forum:-

Spurred on by the slowly-improving performance of Celebrity Love Island, ITV bosses are to commission a second series.

After getting off to a poor start with the public and critics, the show has recently become more interesting, pulling in viewers promising celebrity revelations and steamy goings-on.

Last week the show's audience exceeded four million viewers for some of its episodes, beating Big Brother's three million.

A source told the Sunday Mail: 'A fortnight into the show, viewers tuned in to see Abi Titmuss pursue every male on the island and soap star Paul Danan's drunken shenanigans.

"It quickly became car-crash TV - the sort everyone claims to hate but just has to watch.

"Two key points were Rebecca Loos' openness about David Beckham, which was a winner, and her passionate fling with Callum Best."

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2005, 02:53 PM
2nd Series
as much as i hate to admit it, i dont think CLI would have been as successful if it wasn't for having Paul Danan in it - he certainly earning his 15,000 anyways!

If they get some loose cannons next year then it should be good, suggestions peeps???

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
20-06-2005, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2005 03:57 PM by MariaRob.)
2nd Series
As much as I detested "Paulie" without him and his dreadful behaviour this would have been boring and I think would have been pulled. Having celebs just lying around on a tropical beach being fed and watered is not interesting, at least with IAC they have to do trials to earn food and when they dont they go hungry. This was just too easy for the already pampered D listers. And for god's sake get some decent presenters that gel. Good looks are just not enough Kelly!
Find all posts by this user
20-06-2005, 04:31 PM
2nd Series
Although CLI producers worked hard trying to come up ideas to keep viewers interested (the look on Jayne and Lee face when they found they were going on the 'love' boat for 3 days instead of being evicted was priceless!) I do agree CLI would have been a lot less compelling without the antics of Paul Danan.

I'm not sure another series would work - I don't think I could sit through 5 weeks of someone trying to be another Paul Danan :wallbash:
20-06-2005, 05:43 PM
2nd Series
Much as I disliked Paul - he did kind of make the programme didn't he?
I agree it wold have been pretty boring without him.

I like Patrick - but Kelly wotsherface is just awful!!
20-06-2005, 05:48 PM
2nd Series
I'm not sure another one would work! I bet if there is another series Kelly Brook is still there! Sad
20-06-2005, 06:48 PM
2nd Series
Well I have never hidden my love of this programme, its been the Barry Balls. I say the more series they do the better.

HURAHH!
21-06-2005, 04:57 PM
2nd Series
Cat Wrote:Well I have never hidden my love of this programme, its been the Barry Balls. I say the more series they do the better.

HURAHH!

It was miles better than most reality stuff and there is tons of mileage for series 2. Most of the critics had never watched it for long enough to get involved, the criticisms were weak and unbased.

Next year's lot should include Scott Mills, the TV/Heat girl from GMTV, Gazza and Nutter Bedingfield. Hosted by Keilty and Jo Brand with Aftersun a shoe-in for the good guy who has just done it.

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
21-06-2005, 05:06 PM
2nd Series
isleofweather Wrote:Hosted by Keilty and Jo Brand with Aftersun a shoe-in for the good guy who has just done it.

Think we might be stuck with Le Frock as she is one of the producers on the show (how did this happen - isn't the world a funny unbalanced place at times)...and what happened to Matt Brown, did they stop Aftersun? I only caught a few but thought he was excellent. Bit of dish ta boot.
21-06-2005, 07:01 PM
2nd Series
Crystal Lights Wrote:as much as i hate to admit it, i dont think CLI would have been as successful if it wasn't for having Paul Danan in it - he certainly earning his 15,000 anyways!

If they get some loose cannons next year then it should be good, suggestions peeps???

How about Paul Gascoigne? Can't get "looser" than him. Or Liz Hurley, following her "flab" comments. Or Kerry McFadden. Or Stan Colleymore. Or Jodie Marsh, following her "message" to Fran.

Just a few suggestions for you to toy with CL.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Presenter for Next Series MariaRob 6 1,346 28-09-2005 05:01 PM
Last Post: Ghost