Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49 Up
14-09-2005, 03:52 PM
49 Up

There is the "next one along" on Thursday at 9.00. Dont know if anyone else like myself have been following these right through. They are very very interesting watching.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2005, 04:02 PM
49 Up
I have seen this before too MR. I will be watching :thumbsup:
14-09-2005, 04:05 PM
49 Up
Oooh yes, thanks for the reminder MR. I've seen most of them.

My favourite little boy who was so cute and wanted to be an astronaught ended up having mental health problems - very sad that.
14-09-2005, 04:24 PM
49 Up
Yes it was sad he was the sparky little Liverpudlian boy that became a drop out. Wonder what he is doing now. I also remember the little black boy in the mostly white society of the 60s who married his childhood sweetheart. Hope he is still as happy.
14-09-2005, 06:40 PM
49 Up
I heard from somewhere that the one with mental health problems made a recovery and ended up doing something interesting and being ok. Can't be sure, but I hope its true!
14-09-2005, 06:51 PM
49 Up
Here you go, found it.........

If you've followed the series, you undoubtedly have worried about Neil, the endearing child who wanted to be an astronaut and who in adolescence was plagued with terrible feelings of inadequacy that made him borderline dysfunctional. In 35 Up, Neil was living reclusively in the Shetland islands. He suspected that by the next film he would be homeless in London. Neil is back in the city, but what he's doing is so surprising (and yet so right in terms of the person we've come to know) that you'll have to see it to get the full impact.

Woo, can't wait to find out!
14-09-2005, 06:54 PM
49 Up
Thanks - I have watched most of these - I find them fascinating - especially as they are the same age as me!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2005, 07:30 PM
49 Up
I am another who has watched these as I have grown up - is Neil the teeny tot - who said 'when I grow up I want to see the moon and the stars an' all that'??

Do you know I thought he went on [35 up] to be a professor in a Californian University teaching astronomy?? Was that not him?? And he married an American lady.

I would adore to have been part of something like this - and I wonder what my schoolmates would be doing now??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2005, 09:50 PM
49 Up
Oh I love this. have watched them all and even have the book Blush

Is it this Thursday (ie tomorrow)?

Flip, the professor was the little lad from the farm in Yorkshire. It was all very 'Whistle Down the Wind'ish where he lived.

I liked the jockey/taxi driver/actor one.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
15-09-2005, 06:23 AM
49 Up
Fee For All Wrote:Oh I love this. have watched them all and even have the book Blush

Is it this Thursday (ie tomorrow)?

Flip, the professor was the little lad from the farm in Yorkshire. It was all very 'Whistle Down the Wind'ish where he lived.

I liked the jockey/taxi driver/actor one.

It is today Fee :thumbsup:

The jockey lad was my favourite too.