Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A SOMBA TALE - The Finale
02-11-2004, 05:34 AM

Recap - last two entries on the old site:

**************ABRIDGE VERSION 11********************

Col. Andy aka Survivor, is falling to earth having had to eject from his aircarft. The Beast Master is angry at the fact that Witchie is now toast as a result of Survivors bombing run and is out to exact revenge in full. Capt. Suzi, PJ and Lt. Rob (with his broken anklle) are scurrying towards the area in which Survivor will fall......will they get there before the Beast Master?.....dum dum dum......

The fate of Capt. Minklemar, Lt. Haydon and their few remaining troops is undetermined at this time after Survivor dropped his bombs on their location at the request of a very soon to be defeated Capt. Minklemar.

Andrea having made he move on Liam is now stood aghast as she watches the drama unfolding less than a mile away. Liam, Maxine and Secrets are also peering on in horror!

Pvt. Pandora has put her war face on and is preparing to kick some butt.....Dr. Marmoset is ensuring Nurse Stilleto knows what to do as the casualties are brought in.

Coastie is still to busy dunking her biscuits in her tea to be bothered to get involved in any of it!

***************END OF ABRIDGED BIT***************************************

THE NEXT BIT....

Survivor crashes through the tree tops and finds himself dangling by his shoot six feet from the ground, his entire body aching from the shock of the ejection. Slightly dazed he scans his surroundings from his elevated position. Seeing nothing he goes to release himself from his harness. As his hand clasps the release mechanism he hears a noise behind him and freezes.

Pvt. Pandora sprints across the runway and heads out of the main gate and off in the direction of her fallen commander.

Liam, Maxine, Secrets and Andrea watch as Pandora disappears from view. 'Do you think maybe we should see if we can get some weapons?' asks Liam tentatively.

'No, we'll be fine here!' assures Maxine, her stomache churning in nervous anticipation.

'Blow that' says Secrets 'I'm off to fetch a bit of protection!'.

Andrea watches Secrets leave before heading over to the bar. She steps behind and ducks from view. Liam and Maxine appear shocked as Andrea stands up with a smile bigger than a cheshire cat armed with a 12 bore shotgun. 'Secrets is right, this may come in handy' she says working the action of the gun before retrieving some shells from below the counter.

'Hooooookay' says Liam now holding Maxines hand as they draw shoulder to shoulder.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Oooh, I'm all excited, I've got a shotgun, I've got a shotgun Big Grin
02-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Heaven help us all :shock:
08-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh Bum I've missed a lot. Did you save it from the old site Coastie?

And did I ever get a part, you know... a walk on role perhaps, a teeny weeny little cameo, the person at the back in the epic crowd scene (becomes increasingly desperate), the neighbour's dog walker, the neighbour's dog walker's mother, the neighbour's dog walker's mother's friend, the neighbour's dog walker's mother's friend's auntie in Australia...?

I'm not fussy, I'll do anything :ohmy:
08-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Survivor slowly looks over his shoulder. 'Colonel Andy is that you?' asks a familiar voice.

'Lieutenant Haydon, jeez am I glad to hear your voice!' replies a relieved Survivor 'Now any chance you can help me down?'

'Sure'

With that Lt. Haydon made his way round to the front of Col. Andy and started to figure out how he could assist his leader.

'Anyone else make it out?' asks Andy whilst he waits for Haydon to come up with a plan.

'No. Capt. Minklemar was taken by the dogs as your shells hit and the rest of them well. You did good sir, none of those beast have survived as far as I know' replied Haydon.

Capt. Suzi is the first to make it to the top of a steep bank and as she pops her head over the top she is greeted by a pair of ugly gnarled feet and the sound of rasping breath from above. Slowly she raises her head and sees the face of the Beast Master.

'You!' gasps Capt. Suzi in suprise, before she can go any further the Beast Master snarls and grabs Capt. Suzi by her hair. Capt. Suzi yells 'No get off of me!' and starts to fight back.

PJ and Lt. Rob quicken their ascent at the sound of Cat. Suzies distress and are horrified by what they see.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-11-2004, 03:35 AM
Pvt. Pandora double times it along the road towards the place where Capt. Minklemar and her squad made their last stand.

Dr. Marmoset checks her equipment again as it sits waiting patiently in the sterilised tray.

'How long before we know anything?' asks Nurse Sylvia Stilletoes.

'Lord knows, we just have to be prepared for the minute we do'.

Secrets strolls back into Andrea's bar to find her explaining the actions of a shotgun to Liam and Maxine. He's carrying an identical weapon as well as old colt six shooter in a leather holster.

'You all ready to kick some if and when they come?' he drawls.

Andrea looks up, face determined 'Yep, we are more than ready' she replies although Liam doesn't look so sure and Maxine just stares at Andrea, distrust ever evident.

09-11-2004, 03:43 AM
'I'ts no good sir, you're gonna have to drop!' says Lt. Haydon of the dangling Col. Andy.

'I knew it' comes the resigned response and with that Survivor unbuckles his harness and falls to the ground with a grunt.

Lt. Haydon is quick to his assistance and other than the assured likely hood that the Colonel will be covered in bruises come the morning, everything else seems fine.

'Right lets get the hell out of here!' puffs Survivor getting to his feet.

'Yes sir, let's go!'

The Beast Master slices away at Capt. Suzies brow with a razor sharp nail and within seconds she holds up her captives scalp with glee and squeals in triumph as Capt. Suzi bleeds to death at her feet. Looking up the Beast Master catches sight of a rapidly retreating Lt. Rob and PJ.

PJ struggles to almost carry the injured Lt. Rob across the highly uneven ground not daring to look back even for the slightest moment dispite sensing that not their days but minutes are surely number.

09-11-2004, 03:52 AM
Pvt. Pandora enters the charred area of forest and her senses are immediately brought to extreme alert as the smell of burnt flesh invades her nostrils. So suddenly does the reality of what she might see hit her that without any further warning she vomits.

Lt. Haydon and Col. Andy move quickly back in the general direction of the base. Lt. Haydon still has his rifle but only 6 bullets left where as Col. Andy has only his service revolver drawn to ward off any beasts that might cross their path.

Andre and Secrets are about to go outside when there is a loud thump on the outer door. They back off and watch as the door starts to bow inwards as a result of repeated effort from whatever it is that is trying to get in. Andrea looks Secrets straight in the eye. 'You ready?'

'Ho yeah' replies Secrets as the pair of them pump a round into the chamber and take aim at the door.

Maxine and Liam decide quickly that the safest place to be is behind the pair of armed bar tenders and quickly move to a position suited to this thought.

09-11-2004, 03:59 AM
PJ and Lt. Rob stumble and Lt. Rob looks to PJ grabbing him tightly 'Leave me here and get the heck out!' says Lt. Rob. PJ is about to object when suddenly Lt. Rob is hoisted away. PJ looks up in horror into the face of the Beast Master. 'You!' he shudders.

Lt. Rob legs dangling as the Beast Master holds him by the scruff of the neck tries desperately to fight of his attacker before repeating his command to PJ 'Go PJ, get the heck out of here....run!'. PJ doesn't need a third order as the sight of the Beast Master plunging a hand into the chest of his lieutenent is enough to spur him into action.

Lt. Rob looks at his heart in horror as the Beast Master holds it before him. A few moments passes as the last of the blood drains from his body and his brain becomes starved of oxygen and then he falls completely limp.

Looking down at Lt. Rob's corpse the Beast Master smiles and takes a bite out of the human heart before throwing down the rest and heading off in hot pursuit of a terrified PJ.

09-11-2004, 04:08 AM
Pvt. Pandora reaches the centre of the battle field. Almost like sculptures on a saddists lawn, black and deep brown corpses of both man and beast stand, sit and lie as grotesque monuments of their last known action. Pvt. Pandora simple pivots slowly round taking in the full and horrible display. A crack of a branch to the rear makes her spin and aim her weapon.

The door starts to crack and splinter as the assault from the outside continues. Andrea and Secrets maintain a steady aim as they wait for what ever it is to get through. Liam holds his breath but suddenly Maxine rushes out from behind the armed pair and starts to drag a table across to the door. The others look at her quizzically and she says 'Well I'm not going to make it easy for them!' as she tips the table in front of the door.

Nurse Sylvia excuses herself and heads for the toilet. She steps out of the surgery and along a corridor. As she passes a door to the outside she notices that the bottom half has been stoved in and that there is a large hole. Unsure what it means she proceeds with caution towards the ladies loo. As she approaches the door she hears a snarling noise from a few feet round the corner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SOMBA 2007...eek! Coastie 101 13,531 09-10-2007 03:20 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  SOMBA 2007 - Auditions Coastie 23 4,474 01-01-2007 08:07 PM
  SOMBA 2006.....Eeek! Coastie 218 18,913 13-12-2006 11:29 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  SOMBA 2005 - Let the tale begin! Coastie 346 22,106 11-12-2005 12:57 PM