Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Scarey thing...
26-09-2007, 05:20 PM
A Scarey thing...

happened to me/us today.

My 14 yr old son had a siezure at 5am this morning. He has never suffered with anything like this before and so this came completely out of the blue and was extremely scarey.

Luckily he has been discharged from the hospital and appears to have made a complete recovery, we now just have to wait for a referral to the peadiatric team to have an EEG as soon as possible.

Has anyone else ever dealt with anything like this before?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2007, 05:57 PM
A Scarey thing...
I am pleased he made a full recovery it must have been frightening for you. My DIL had fits now and then never found out what caused them and she hasn't had any for a long time now. She had a pituitary tumour removed a couple of years ago but i don't think it had anything to do with the fits as she had stopped having them some years before.

I hope all is well with his tests.
26-09-2007, 06:25 PM
A Scarey thing...
Our 3 year old has had a couple of fever fits caused by his temperature getting too high, but they grow out of that by 6 apparently.

Has anything new or unusual happened to him recently that may have been the cause or catalyst?

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
26-09-2007, 08:26 PM
A Scarey thing...
I've never had to deal with anything like that Buzz.

But I can imagine how panicked you must have been.

I hope the tests are able to put your mind at rest as to the cause and hopefully it wont happen again. Keep us informed of any updates.

:hug:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2007, 05:57 AM
A Scarey thing...
Must have been very frightening for you all especially your son. I hope all goes well with the tests.
27-09-2007, 07:24 AM
A Scarey thing...
Thank you all.

Grouch - nothing has happened that we can think of.

He is as right as rain this mornng and has gone off to school like nothing has happened, although we are taking him and picking him up rather than letting him cycle as he usually would.

Hopefully it will all come to nothing and it was just a one off thing maybe to do with puberty and hormones and stuff that takes over little boys when they reach a certain age.
27-09-2007, 07:54 AM
A Scarey thing...
Youngest used to have febrile fits quite often. all stopped now (although she does have some wonderful conversations with herself in her sleep)

Buzz, I highly doubt it's anything to do with puberty/hormones .... and I won't go there as you are his mother. It's probably just drugs and alcohol.

At 14 he's hardly a little boy is he?

Seriously though, I do hope it's nothing more serious than just a blip. good luck with the NHS and fingers crossed that he doesn't get MRSA while in the hospital (full of good news aren't I ? )

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
27-09-2007, 10:56 AM
A Scarey thing...
How scarey for you all, Buzzooki. I'm sure it's a one-off, but keep us posted.
27-09-2007, 11:34 AM
A Scarey thing...
Must have been scary for you all Buzz, hope he has fully recovered but the hospital will be able to pick anything that might be troubling him.

This happened to one of friend's little girl who is only 9 recently, she had been unwell and had moments where she would just stare blankly into space. On this occassion she collapsed and was rushed to hospital, she was quite ill for a few days but test results have stated that she has epilepsy.

Not great news but at least now they know and they can deal with it.

Hope it all turns out ok for you and Master B, Buzz.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
29-09-2007, 07:29 AM
A Scarey thing...
Oooo you need to call on Dr. Gregory House...

It could be an infection which led to a rise in temperature and caused the fit...although I imagine they ruled that out at the hospital...

Hopefully it's not anything too serious like drugs or alcohol...although saddly this effects allot of teenagers and disturbingly even the kids that wouldn't go there have been known to have food and drinks spiked by so called friends.

Hope the doctors find the answer soon and that it was just a one off event...

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  And another thing.. The Curmudgeon 61 5,604 18-05-2008 12:59 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Will I get rid of my signature thing? PJ 41 2,457 06-06-2007 09:46 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  What Is The One Thing Seabreeze 15 1,493 10-11-2006 01:59 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  A Funny Thing Happened at the Office Today Groucho 13 2,105 28-09-2006 06:54 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Best thing you have bought Bonsai 17 1,928 18-09-2006 06:46 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Weird thing floopy 26 1,953 11-08-2006 09:00 PM
Last Post: floopy
  the best thing about being drunk is..... Dolores 12 1,401 08-12-2005 09:38 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  Worst thing ever eaten Bonsai 51 2,707 28-08-2005 08:38 PM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  What's the first thing... dab 8 922 12-07-2005 09:12 AM
Last Post: ils
  Quick Sam / hospital update type thing Voice of reason 22 1,981 21-02-2005 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bonsai