Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Thread to Talk About The Osmonds - Just For Cat!
24-11-2004, 02:07 PM

As Andrea wouldn't put her name to this thread, I thought I would start one just for Cat to talk about the Osmonds! :laugh:

Today I recieved my tickets for Donny's 2005 tour. I am going to see him (again) at the Brighton Centre next October - I can't wait!
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Erm...the Osmonds...ok, what can I remember?...oh yeah, nice teeth, good Mormon family....loved the cartoon they used to do and little Jimmy was quite cute singing 'Long Haired Lover from Liverpool'

That's about it for my contribution Smile
24-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I once wrote to Donny Osmond to try and get a signed pic for Dolores. I was about 8 at the time and couldn't decide whether or not to put a kiss on my letter. I think I did in the end but he never replied. :sad:

Apart from that I always loved Marie's Paper Roses. Blush
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2004, 03:38 PM
I just learned the other night that my mum dragged my dad to a Donny Osmand concert when they were dating then made him follow Donny's bus back to the hotel where he was staying where she stayed for hours trying to sneak into the hotel! Never knew my mother had this psychotic streak! :ohmy:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
24-11-2004, 06:31 PM
ooh thank you ils.

I have succesfully won and Osmonds greatest hits CD and am bidding for 3 more. xmas pressy's for 2 sisters and younger bro.

My elder sis loved the osmonds, especially donny. I can remember when we shared a bedroom his posters covered every inch of the wall, bar a token David Cassidy and Peter Shelley. Oh yes there was a trio of spanish donkeys on a bamboo frame.

They were slightly above my years but due to the fact I had it forse fed, I too grew to love them.

His hat stylee is back in fashion isn't it.

Do you remember they had colours allocated to them....Donny was purple and I think Meryl was Black....any others???

:wub:
24-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Just won my second Osmonds Greatest hits....70p cheaper than the first.

Woo woo.

Two sisters down, one brother and me to go.
25-11-2004, 09:39 AM
My MIL and FIL have met quite a few of the Osmonds, notably mum, dad and Marie.

I used to love Donny to bits when I was a kid. He was my first crush, but I don't find him as good looking as I used to though.

Oh and I remember entering a competition to name the twins one time. I never won though. :ohmy: I'm still emotionally scarred from that experience. :sad: :laugh:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
25-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Cat Wrote:Do you remember they had colours allocated to them....Donny was purple and I think Meryl was Black....any others???

:wub:

Jay was Green, Alan was Blue & Wayne was orange (I think)
25-11-2004, 09:43 PM
maxine Wrote:I once wrote to Donny Osmond to try and get a signed pic for Dolores. I was about 8 at the time and couldn't decide whether or not to put a kiss on my letter. I think I did in the end but he never replied. :sad:

Awww how sweet! you never told me that story before! Although I have to say the lip imprint of a six year old would probably have moved Michael Jackson to respond - but not Donny!

One of the cleaners where I work LOVES Merrill Osmond and seems to follow him all over the country. She HATES Donny Osmond cos "he is talentless and pinches all Merrill's ideas and songs" - her words not mine!

I think Merrill should be afraid of her ... very afraid!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
25-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Talking of Merrill - I'm actually going to see the Osmonds (minus Donny) next June in concert, they are performing with David Cassidy, David Essex & Les McEwan's Bay City Rollers......

I have to say I wouldn't have chosen to go to this, as the Osmonds aren't the same with out Donny (not for me anyway), could never stand The Bay City Rollers, I've never been a great fan of David Essex and when I saw David Cassidy earlier in the year he was drugged to the eyeballs.

I'm actually only going as my mate who was too ill to go to see David Cassidy earlier in the year wants to go !!! (I'm just too soft) Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The 2007 Gardening Thread Dolores 22 4,642 19-04-2010 06:20 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  The official "Hot" Thread. The Curmudgeon 14 13,803 21-10-2008 10:24 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Best ever thread titles floopy 3 1,270 29-05-2008 09:18 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  The "I'm Still Alive" Thread Rob 26 3,994 26-01-2008 06:58 PM
Last Post: Gneiss
  It don't need it's own thread.... Coastie 181 8,447 06-10-2007 05:45 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  The "how drunk will Groucho get tonight" thread ... Dolores 49 4,464 05-10-2007 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rob
  The SAVE BLUEY thread Slipper 4 1,136 05-10-2007 01:38 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  The Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Thread Critique 84 6,710 23-06-2007 05:54 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  a thread for us laydeeees... msgirl 20 2,544 19-06-2007 06:00 AM
  Thread to say anything you like to another poster! ils 1,866 59,572 16-06-2007 03:05 PM