Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A birth too fast?
14-10-2005, 09:38 PM
A birth too fast?

One of the Mums from school came running in yesterday morning with her 6 year old in tow. It was 8:30am and she informed me that her contractions were now every 5 minutes, and she was dropping off her daughter and then making a dash to Hartlepool to deliver. I yelled good luck after her as she ran down to the gates and climbed into the car her hubby had revving ready to speed her off. Probably 1/2 hours drive normally, but this was the Rush Hour!

3:15pm she was waiting with the new 7lb 4oz baby in her arms at the school gate for her daughter. She was dressed in jeans and T shirt, looked brilliant, baby had arrived at 9:55am

Ummm, I think I had it better with 10 days in hospital for complete rest before being sent home! What say you?

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2005, 09:59 PM
A birth too fast?
Eternity Wrote:One of the Mums from school came running in yesterday morning with her 6 year old in tow. It was 8:30am and she informed me that her contractions were now every 5 minutes, and she was dropping off her daughter and then making a dash to Hartlepool to deliver. I yelled good luck after her as she ran down to the gates and climbed into the car her hubby had revving ready to speed her off. Probably 1/2 hours drive normally, but this was the Rush Hour!

3:15pm she was waiting with the new 7lb 4oz baby in her arms at the school gate for her daughter. She was dressed in jeans and T shirt, looked brilliant, baby had arrived at 9:55am

Ummm, I think I had it better with 10 days in hospital for complete rest before being sent home! What say you?

Jeepers! I couldn't walk unaided for nearly a week :ninja:
14-10-2005, 10:09 PM
A birth too fast?
blimey o'riley! she sounds very hale and hearty! ... she must be really really annoying to be around!!! lol! I bet she went home and cooked a cordon bleu meal and then had a romantic evening with her husband whilst baby slept right through the night! I think I hate her!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2005, 01:59 AM
A birth too fast?
2 c-sections...walked like a 90 yr. old man stooped from the waist the first 2 weeks at least on both!!! These wonder birthers scare me...reckon they're an alien species??? :bag:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
15-10-2005, 05:54 AM
A birth too fast?
That is really good, I would have loved to have been like her. I still can`t fit into my before pregnancy jeans 21 years later !!!
15-10-2005, 07:14 AM
A birth too fast?
Now that's just showing off.
15-10-2005, 07:37 AM
A birth too fast?
I bet she would have been in trouble with you if she hadn't got back till 6pm.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
15-10-2005, 08:44 AM
A birth too fast?
With Freddie I gave birth at about 1am and was home by 3pm same day.
Couldn't wear jeans for a little while though due to my fanny resembling a patch work quilt.

She must have one the size of a dish plate.
15-10-2005, 09:08 AM
A birth too fast?
I would have wanted to stay at least overnight. Is she going to complain?
15-10-2005, 09:19 AM
A birth too fast?
How? :glare:

Life is so unfair sometimes isn't it. I was laid up for a week after losing so much blood and ripping from here to there. :sad:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Birth Certificate PJ 13 1,360 02-12-2006 04:50 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Birth control - what do you use/recommend? Gelastic 21 1,497 30-05-2005 03:37 PM
Last Post: ils
  Help fast please!! claire 14 1,196 15-02-2005 04:05 PM
Last Post: ils