Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A change of heart....
21-04-2006, 07:59 PM
A change of heart....

I've had a change of heart. After watching Carol Vordeman presenting Countdown this afternoon and her lovely figure and hair I will let mine grow. My hair not my figure. My figure is still in my control but I didnt' think that my hair was. I have had it short for a few years now in preparation for administration into the the blue rinse brigade. BUT NO!!! I am only 41 I can still have long flowing auburn locks (with help).

Yes...this is my change of heart.

Come on comrades, is there something you have just accepted is age and have given up....change your heart and join me.

WE ARE YOUNG AND WE are able!:thumbsup:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2006, 08:14 PM
A change of heart....
Yeah, do the hair thing by all means Cat, as long as you don't copy her dress sense. She's got a nice figure but her clothes :w00t:
21-04-2006, 09:33 PM
A change of heart....
Ooh Cat - I started growing mine when I was 40 - I wanted to do the longhair thing again before it became too expensive to keep it coloured :cry:

I got it chopped after 5 years when got my convertible and I kept forgetting to take something to tie it up. Not a good look :ohmy:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2006, 07:39 AM
A change of heart....
All through my thirtys I had short hair but when I hit 40 I grew it again. Quite like the length now except when I am out in gale force winds
22-04-2006, 08:51 AM
A change of heart....
funny you should put this up Cat.

i'm off to the hairdressers in about half an hour for a cut and colouring (to cover up the greys these days ... not for fun like in the old days!)

I have spent the last three years at least growing my hair all the same length to try to stop it frizzing out so much, with the theory that the weight of the hair will drag it down and stop it cork screwing.

At the moment I look like Diana Ross with her finger in a plug socket so I am going to ask the hairdresser to .... gulp .... layer it again, but I will keep the length (it just reaches my shoulders and i can tie it up in warm weather). So here's fingers crossed!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2006, 10:45 AM
A change of heart....
Cat Wrote:I've had a change of heart. After watching Carol Vordeman presenting Countdown this afternoon and her lovely figure and hair I will let mine grow. My hair not my figure. My figure is still in my control but I didnt' think that my hair was. I have had it short for a few years now in preparation for administration into the the blue rinse brigade. BUT NO!!! I am only 41 I can still have long flowing auburn locks (with help).

Yes...this is my change of heart.

Come on comrades, is there something you have just accepted is age and have given up....change your heart and join me.

WE ARE YOUNG AND WE are able!:thumbsup:

Are you going to keep it one length, or have it layered?

I have always kept my hair long-ish (except in the 80s when I had the prerequeisite brushed out perm), but as I got older I found that it dragged my face down.

A great alternative was to have it layered, especially around the face, thus retaining the youthful length, but complementing a maturing face.

I work with a woman who is 43 and has had the same hairstyle all her life. It's very long and straight, with a centre parting and no fringe. From behind she is ageless, but from the front, sadly, she is not.

I think the trick is recognising that we are not 25 any more and never shall be again, then to adjust our appearance accordingly (but not necessarily our behaviour).
22-04-2006, 11:57 AM
A change of heart....
Quote:hus retaining the youthful length, but complementing a maturing face.

.......:shutup:.........

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-04-2006, 12:51 PM
A change of heart....
Something to say, Mrs Convertible Two Bottles? :glare:
22-04-2006, 01:14 PM
A change of heart....
No, Mrs Riding-through-the-glan :sleep:

(Did you miss the 's' off, deliberate like?)

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-04-2006, 01:22 PM
A change of heart....
Fee For All Wrote:No, Mrs Riding-through-the-glan :sleep:

(Did you miss the 's' off, deliberate like?)
Wasn't it a 't' she missed off?:bag:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does your sleep pattern change ..... Bonsai 11 1,612 13-03-2006 10:25 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Climate Change Experiment Andrea 2 634 20-02-2006 11:31 PM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  Bob Geldof A Man With Real Heart. Northern angel 3 825 20-12-2005 03:37 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Here's Your Change, Madam Patsy 21 2,298 11-08-2005 10:22 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Should Brides change their names when they get married? Rothera 34 3,101 24-04-2005 09:11 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  When was your heart last broken? tonee 42 4,141 15-02-2005 07:06 PM
Last Post: claire