Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A crap crown and finish?
07-12-2004, 11:50 AM
A crap crown and finish?

Was it me or was it a damp squib of an end? Maybe after the superb Burrell trial it had to fizzle out. Paul's interview was wierd as he was shaking like wet leaf, Huh whilst Joe's interview was stilted. When Jo said that, was it Nancy or TPT, was "gagging for it" it was so out of character - just nerves I guess.

Time for the producers to fix the end bit - the crown was rubbish and having all the celebs hanging around (looking slightly ridiculous in full panto make up) does not work.

or was it just me being a bit "Victor"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2004, 11:56 AM
A crap crown and finish?
I didn't think the interviews were long enough with the final two. - i soooo wanted to see ant and dec show paul the snake falling on his face in the night!
as for the "gagging for it" comment joe uses it a lot in his stand up routines, talking to some random woman in the audience. Same with the "party in his pants - and everyones invited" comment he used in the show nearer the begginning.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Image: brendanx.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
A crap crown and finish?
Maybe slightly Victor'ish .... but i do kind of agree with you.

I thought then ending was rushed. Joe was a little shell shocked, and showed no emotion. And as you said, Paul looked like he was sat on an electric chair. He was shaking hugely.

I do think they should tweak the final slightly, just to make it more exciting. Watching Joe say nothing on the throne made me (but only for a split second) wish that Paul had won as at least it would of been emotional and touching. Maybe it would be better if the winners family could of been there to greet him with hugs and kisses - like Brian McFatten did with Kerry last year. Or maybe last years winner should present the crown, like they do in Miss World competitions ?

It does need something a little extra.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
07-12-2004, 12:02 PM
A crap crown and finish?
Where was joes wife when he was facing the photographers??

[Image: brendanx.jpg]
07-12-2004, 12:05 PM
A crap crown and finish?
kittyxx Wrote:Where was joes wife when he was facing the photographers??

Well, i dont think we got time to see it as the show ended rather abruptly. The family normally run on once they reach the 'star' but he was only on it for about 2 seconds before the show stopped and the titles rolled.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
A crap crown and finish?
isleofweather Wrote:Was it me or was it a damp squib of an end? Maybe after the superb Burrell trial it had to fizzle out. Paul's interview was wierd as he was shaking like wet leaf, Huh whilst Joe's interview was stilted. When Jo said that, was it Nancy or TPT, was "gagging for it" it was so out of character - just nerves I guess.

Time for the producers to fix the end bit - the crown was rubbish and having all the celebs hanging around (looking slightly ridiculous in full panto make up) does not work.

or was it just me being a bit "Victor"?

No it is not you being a bit "Victor", i agree with you, could'nt have put it better myself. :laugh:
07-12-2004, 12:11 PM
A crap crown and finish?
I thought the gagging for it (and I agree it was a bit inappropriate) was meant for Shiela Ferguson. Also where was the previous queen of the jungle, Kerry McFadden, doent they normally crown the new king/queen? I thoroughly enjoyed the series but it ended at about the right time or it would become tedious. I think Paul deserved to win but hey ho, as long as they do well out of it, that is excluding Nathalie and Brian Harvey of course who had the cheek to still be there!!!
07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
A crap crown and finish?
My opionion of the winner waned tremendously during and after the 'winners party' - it was almost as though it was deemed and SO expected on Joe's behalf. I felt he took the whole thing a little too laid back, and little too expectedly, no emotions showed for joy or surprise - just expected!!

Pauls interview was full to the brim with emotion - so much so that he shook and wibbled his way through. IMO - a far more deserving winer than Joe.
07-12-2004, 06:00 PM
A crap crown and finish?
Flip Wrote:My opionion of the winner waned tremendously during and after the 'winners party' - it was almost as though it was deemed and SO expected on Joe's behalf. I felt he took the whole thing a little too laid back, and little too expectedly, no emotions showed for joy or surprise - just expected!!

Pauls interview was full to the brim with emotion - so much so that he shook and wibbled his way through. IMO - a far more deserving winer than Joe.

I agree with this Flip. Joe, although he IS quiet and unassuming, didnt seem very impressed by his win did he? And as for that bloody crown !!! Just how embarrassingly rubbish was it? I felt it was a bit of a damp squib after all the excitement of the trials and of course Paul Burrells interview was so full of emotion, shaking, tears, thank yous and general jiggy leggedness - the only direction to go then was down. I think it took Joe so long to cross the bridge to the studio that they ran out of time too, though to cut off the final programme just to get the adverts in, was a bit annoying.

One thing that annoyed me was that they promised to show the snake dropping onto Pauls head while he was sleeping - and they didnt bother :mad2: ... I know that planning and executing a live show from Australia isnt the easiest thing in the world, but you would think they d have it tweaked to perfection now.
07-12-2004, 06:01 PM
A crap crown and finish?
I think it was so much more important to paul, because a lot of people didn't like him. I wonder if that's changed. I don't know if they voted for him because they liked him. or they just wanted to see him do the trials, as in Natalie's case. I hope he does panto.