Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A great idea in principle..but just didn't work as well as it should have.
16-12-2005, 11:31 PM

Well its all over... and on reflection its a shame that it did not turn out as well as it could have. On paper it must have seemed a fantastic idea, but just didnt deliver the goods for me. Having said that.....imagine how it could have ended if it was amazingly authentic.... if the launch seemed totally real... if they had been given interesting and apparently genuine experiments to conduct....and if they been told or hinted NOTHING before the doors opened at the end. I think you could have been looking at very traumatised "space cadets" unable to comprehend was was happening in front of them. Perhaps in hindsight for psychological reasons.... it was best to bring them back to reality slowly over the last 24 hours.... I mean... the doggy funeral was just beyond words... and if I was on a real space craft and discovered the pilot for what of a better word was trying on nail varnish and asking people to chase him around the cabin with rabbit teeth in... well.........deep prayer would have been started to get me back in one piece !!!!! I thought in spite of the smiles... they did seem pretty shell shocked and down beat, still the dosh will ease that over the coming weeks.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2005, 11:51 PM
I watched this from the beginning, hoping it would get better. It didnt.

The "reveal" at the end was utter and complete pants too.... it went on for far too long. Endemol's management must have pooped their collective pants, so contrived and long winded was the reveal in order to make it as soft a blow as possible.

Rubbish, absolute bloody rubbish.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
17-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I have to say I didn't watch one single minute of this show. I saw plenty of trailers though and thought it looked daft beyond reason.

....sheesh! what has reality tv come to?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
17-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I watched the whole thing, and yes, it was pretty silly really.
The ending was appalling, just plain dumb. Surely they could have made a better job of it- Endemol are supposedly the so-called "experts" in reality TV.

A good idea that never really, ermmm, got off the ground. Sad

Old enough to know better... :whistling
17-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I dread to think what that load of rubbish cost because unlike the other reality shows there was no phone voting to generate any money towards it.

Strange that! They don't normally miss a chance to make some money out of the GBP even if it's just a daft competition.
17-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Gave up on this after the first two episodes as it was total crap. It didn't even get a mention in the paper today I thought that at least they would have panned it but it was obviously not even worth that.
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Popsicle Wrote:A good idea that never really, ermmm, got off the ground. Sad

lol I get it:laugh:
23-12-2005, 12:41 PM
oh my god! - what the hell was that all about???

.......hmmm, i've already cottoned on that i'm not really going up into space so hmmmm, what to dooo.......ah, i've got it - i'll pretend to the viewing public that i'm none the wiser, and then that way the producers and Mr Vaughan can keep the show running the way it was intended......

.....i've not had the misfortune of watching something this bad since i watched Mooncat & Beryl Reid - at least they really did venture out into space.........they did didn't they?......didn't they??:mellow:

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user