Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A moan about reality progs
10-03-2005, 11:58 AM

Have you noticed this increasing trend of you get, say, a half hour program and take off say 3 mins of adverts both ends (cos they never start or finish at the time stated) and at least 5 in the middle and you are down to 19 mins and then just before the advert break you get ..."Coming up in part 2 ......." and they show you half of what you are about to see and then after the break they have "In part 1 we saw .........." Grrrr! It's driving me bonkers lately.

I mean, do we really need to see what's coming up after the break and do we really need a re-cap on what we saw a few minutes ago.

Actual program time ... about 15 mins. Add to that all the "previews" and you feel a sense of deja vu all the time. :mad2:
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Mr Q agrees with you Critique, he moans like mad about it in every show we watch!!

It annoys me, but not to the extent it annoys my beloved Smile

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 01:43 PM
The other problem is its not just the commercial channels that do this.
BBC do this as well. Programs on the BBC used to be 30minutes long, now they are about 20mins long. 5 minutes either side to advertise their programs and if you haven't got sky or cable you can't see them anyway :mad2:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Dont you find though that there are more advert breaks now than ever before ? In the evening, an hours drama can have upto 5 advert breaks, which is a joke - and they seem to last longer too !!!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Andrea Wrote:The other problem is its not just the commercial channels that do this.
BBC do this as well. Programs on the BBC used to be 30minutes long, now they are about 20mins long. 5 minutes either side to advertise their programs and if you haven't got sky or cable you can't see them anyway :mad2:

Exactly Andrea, another moan of mine - lol.

And Yes, Bonny there do seem to be more advert breaks and more adverts in each break. And what's with watching about 7 minutes of the program and it goes into a break - they used to be at least in the middle of the prog - but not any more. If you happen to be busy and miss the first few minutes, they are already into a commercial break before you've seen anything :mad2:
10-03-2005, 05:54 PM
And if it's a viewer voting type reality thing then at least 5 minutes are given over to advertising the voting numbers as well. So it end's up being a 10 minute long programme which, if you vote, you end up paying £1 to watch! :ranting:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sexiest Reality TV Contestant Haydon_acc2 15 3,196 29-03-2007 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Reality TV.....how would you do it? Coastie 10 1,934 12-12-2005 02:46 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Reality Tv Gameshows ultimatesurvivor 3 1,150 04-05-2005 03:16 PM
Last Post: mezzio
  Musicality - New Reality TV prog' Voice of reason 8 2,199 04-11-2004 10:01 PM
Last Post: Bob