Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very sad day in the ils household!
10-03-2005, 10:31 AM

Our rabbit died today :cry:

No as many of you know I am not a great animal lover but when the children where younger they wanted a pet. As miss ils and myself have an allergy to animals we decided a rabbit was the best thing. I think we have had her about 9-10 years now so even I have become very attached to her.....

The boys are very upset and both had a good cry before they went off to school. I then had to ring miss ils & it was really hard telling her that 'mrs rabbit' had gone to the big rabbit hutch in the sky...... she was crying and all I wanted to do was give her a big hug and I couldn't .....

Their dad is going to come over on Saturday so we can bury her in the back garden :cry:
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Aww, ils I'm sorry to hear that.
Big hugs to you and your family :hug:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Aww, sorry to hear that ILS. Losing a pet of any kind is sad. How old was it? And do you think you will get another one? You could always borrow a pet from Bonnie's Zoo!! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Aw, sorry hun. It must be horrible having tell something like that to Miss ils over the phone :cry: Thinking of you :kiss:

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Awww that's rotten ILS and I do know what it's like. That's why I have declared our house a Pet Free Zone - I just get too attached and too upset.

Thinking of you xxx
10-03-2005, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2005 11:49 AM by Woodstock.)
chin up - it's already having a good old playful saunter through the fluffy clouds and luscious verdant fields of rabbit heaven with all its new-found buddie's (unlimited carrots too i believe). 8-10 years is a heck of a good lifespan for a wabbit.

Are you going to adopt a new one?. There is a poor little baby one who's been taken away from its mother and stuck in a small hutch at your local pet store. Go get it.

Stick Watership Down on, allow the tears to fall, and remember the companionship that the fluffy member of your family brought you.....

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
10-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for all your kind wishes guys Big Grin

I doubt if we will get another rabbit as 'mrs rabbit' was miss ils's & she doesn't live here full time now. The boys did love her but they are so busy now with their sport that I don't think they would want to care for another animal at this time.

Floops - it was really hard telling miss ils, she burst into tears when I told her and sniffled her way through the conversation.... these things are hard when you are far away from home with no one to give you a hug :hug:
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2005 12:02 PM by Woodstock.)
[Image: NewImage95.jpg]

[Image: IH099912.jpg]

.....it's having a ball up there, trust me.....

[Image: 260.jpg]

......xx

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
10-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Those pictures make me want to go to rabbit heaven!

Sorry to hear about that ils. Hope you're all ok.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
10-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Awwwwww ILS, I am so sorry to hear about your bunny, had a blummin good life though didnt he, I didnt realise wabbits lived that long! Its a shame that you couldnt give Miss ILS a hug bless her, so am sending the whole ILS clan one with this post :hug:

As someone suggested, perhaps you could adopt one of Bonnies menagerie, sounds like she is getting a bit of a zoo together :ohmy: :wink2:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]