Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGH ! 6 year olds on the rampage!
17-09-2005, 03:31 PM

Oh God never again will i take 10, 6 year olds to the shopping mall for my son's bithday party, No not never. I had one child who decided to take the elevator on his own, i lost another and found him in the arcade, it was like a bloody monkeys tea party, popcorn flying everywhere in the cinema, one little boy had a broken arm and then fell off his chair in KFC, i thought Christ by the time his mother picks him up he will have another broken arm! They were shouting at the tops of their voices "Go Herbie", i eventually arrived home stressed, hyper, knackered, and about to pour myself a rather large whiskey when the phone rang, my son's head teacher from school, could i come along on my son's class trip on wednesday to help look after the children! ARGH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!............................................. i was tempted to tell her, i could not because i was climbing Mount Everest or something! :eek:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2005, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2005 03:38 PM by Rob.)
bridge Wrote:Oh God never again will i take 10, 6 year olds to the shopping mall for my son's bithday party, No not never.

No - next year it will be 10 seven year olds!!!

I can sympathise though - We've been through all that thankfully - my kids are MUCH older now - mind you my sixteen year old can still behave like a six year old!

:holiday:

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Blimey Bridge, what sort of nutter are you mate???

By the time my eldest was 5 I had decided that if we had parties for the children they would be adult inclusive so you could have a drink and enjoy it. As they have got older a small select number would be taken to the pics or bowling and even this can be avoided now with the offer of money instead.

Learn by your experience Bridge, learn and never repeat. :thumbsup:
17-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Rob Wrote:No - next year it will be 10 seven year olds!!!

:holiday:

No i think i will just drop them all off next time and go to the pub!!! :w00t:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
17-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Are you mad woman? :laugh: Saying that bridge, I've been there done that and got the t-shirt but luckily now it is a distant memory for me! I always said never again and yet year after year I was doing it again. Luckily now they just want money!
17-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Aww Bridge I sympathise.
I had ten 6 year olds round my house in August for my son's birthday and that was manic, but at least I was able to let them just run riot in the garden with the occasional, "OY YOU, stop that right now"
At the mall:shocking: you did well girl:naughty:

:ninja:

[Image: 429.gif]
17-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Bridge, I am seriously wondering a] if you are very young or b] an earth mother???

Once in my dreams, I was THE earth mother who had, coped, managed and happily dealt with 30+ children. Then I woke up.

By the time my eldest had had 5 birthday parties in various places. home, mothers, mother in laws, [mcdonalds] and then Coco's fun factory - I realised that inviting every child my son knew wasn't such a great idea.

My youngest is coming up to seven and I have told him there is no party, I wont have 6/7 year old reprobates running riot round our house and garden, because as much as I love my child, when with others of similar age they turn into juvenile delinquents. Instead there are riding lessons [naith's fancy] - I feel that they have to sacrifice something they want for something else they want, to know the value of stuff they want - does any of that make sense???

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

17-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Makes sense to me Flip. I always let my son choose one special friend to accompany him on his birthday treat...a day out, ice skating, or some other activity then a Burger or similar.

Last one I can remember was with his rather slow best friend, we went to Burger King and his friend had a cold, I just couldnt wipe his nose for him ....ugh...instead I threw up after watching his snot trickle onto his burger bun as he took a bite.

End of days out with kids for me...the event traumatised me too much.

My son's Birthdays are cool now tho, he takes ME out Smile

V

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
18-09-2005, 02:33 AM
Poor Bridge...I can sympathize!! My 7 yr. old has a little friend right up the road and his mom calls on me alot b/c she "trusts" me and "they play so well together" so I get him over to "visit" quite a bit. Today was one of those days. The little boy is not a demon or anything but he is louder and much more hyper than either of my boys are/were. Then my son's psycho cousin who is 9 and lives next door came up and they were all running in and out and digging through the dregs of the toy box....I was looking for the voddy and pineapple juice. But then the little friends mom called and was on her way and to return the kindness took mine for overnight and the cousin promptly left and all was right with my world for the time being. We live and learn from these things. I find I really do have well rounded children by being around other people's children and try to remember this when I get frustrated at mine. :kid:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
18-09-2005, 09:38 AM
coo Bridge! hope you eventually got round to that whiskey!

I've always enjoye my son's parties, they've mostly been at home, once I took four of them to bowling and I had the worst hangover in living memory (and let me tell you i have had some humdingers in the past!), I was shaking, I threw up in the toilet about three times, I had to get a mini-bus to take us to the bowling alley cos i knew I was too drunk to drive the next day. It was a complete nightmare ... my fault not theirs!

Last year (on his 11th) was the first time I hadn't had a party for my son as he wanted a playstation II and I said it was a playstation or a party, thank god he chose the playstation!

I have found that the ones where they invite loads of kids who arent' necessarily close friends are the worst. When he only has say four of his best friends who are boys he gets on really well with it goes as smooth as clockwork.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another year, another resolution doodah 12 4,487 24-03-2011 07:24 AM
Last Post: jannypan
  New Year. Something to look forward to? karenh 12 2,374 02-12-2008 07:51 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Happy New Year Rob 15 2,094 09-01-2007 02:21 PM
Last Post: Bob
  New Year's Eve - what are you doing? Dolores 47 3,986 02-01-2007 07:01 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Bringing in the New Year with a BANG! PJ 20 2,049 07-01-2006 04:02 PM
Last Post: PJ
  HAPPY NEW YEAR! Read after midnight! Coastie 25 2,264 05-01-2006 05:30 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  On line New Year's Eve Party..... Dolores 47 3,228 05-01-2006 08:59 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  What's Your New Year's Resolution? Patsy 21 2,035 02-01-2006 06:57 PM
Last Post: Hazel
  New Year's Honours maxine 14 1,716 31-12-2005 10:22 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Geez there are so many carol singers around this year! bridge 16 1,747 30-12-2005 11:12 AM
Last Post: Bonsai