Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"ASBO killed my Son"
22-09-2005, 05:26 PM
"ASBO killed my Son"

Just a comment on the story about the guy who just got out of prison and committed suicide. His family are blaming the ASBO as it stigmatised him.

Hang on a minute, what about his behaviour that led to the ASBO? He had been in prison 7 times, and was quoted as saying "I can't get drunk anywhere but in the streets" ,I think because he was banned from everywhere?

Just seemed to me that it highlighted the problem of people not taking responsibility for their actions when the family blamed the authorities for the suicide.
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2005, 05:31 PM
"ASBO killed my Son"
It's the same when parents expect teachers to turn their little blighters into perfect angels without any positive input or support for the teachers from them! :boxing:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2005, 05:53 PM
"ASBO killed my Son"
Oh, that's pathetic. The ASBO stigmatised him, but his time inside didn't???? Purleezzze!

I think perhaps his parents need to wonder what it is in his background / upbringing etc. which led him to the sort of delicate mental state which might prompt suicide.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
22-09-2005, 06:46 PM
"ASBO killed my Son"
Coastie Wrote:It's the same when parents expect teachers to turn their little blighters into perfect angels without any positive input or support for the teachers from them! :boxing:

Hey - us teachers are miracle workers doncha knowTongue

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?