Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVG - e mail scanner
24-07-2005, 01:47 PM
AVG - e mail scanner

My AVG e mail scanner is running and I don't lnow how to stop it without disconnecting from the interent.
It's a little box in the corner and it looks like its e mailing thousands of people.
It's bringing up mesages connecting to..... then numbers then it starts sending to loads of e mail adresess.
There is a somthing in scheduler, don't know if this is connected in anyway.
It says update plan in basic mode.
There is one sheduled for tomorrow too.
Any one know?

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2005, 04:36 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
I know how to disable the AVG email scanner if that's any help?

You open the AVG test centre where among other icons you should see a large icon saying the email scanner is fully functional.

If you click on it, go to the plugins tab, then hit the disable button, then OK, it does just that.

Mind you what you've described sounds odd, I wouldn't expect AVG to send out emails.

If I were you I'd run a full virus scan if you haven't already done so.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2005, 08:47 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
Thanks SF I've disabled it. It was still going. In the sheduled tasks it says update plan in basic mode and another one sheduled for tomorrow saying test plan in basic mode, when I tried to delete then it says I can not delete system tasks.
Anyone else know?
For now its disabled. Bloody annoying though all day the internet has been connecting by itself

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
24-07-2005, 08:56 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
Bob, could your PC be infected with a dialler or something? Have you tried running Ad-Aware and Spybot?
24-07-2005, 09:00 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
I was wondering this dab...... a friend of mine had a problem similar to this and she had been infected by a dialer :sad:
24-07-2005, 09:05 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
dab Wrote:Bob, could your PC be infected with a dialler or something? Have you tried running Ad-Aware and Spybot?

Never heard of a dialler, but I have ad ware so will give it a go thanks.
I'm just puzzled though why I can't remove this scheduled task

24-07-2005, 09:07 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
It's a thing that keeps trying to connect you to the internet and then dials a premium number. The victim often doesn't know anything about it until they get the phone bill. Whatever it is, I hope you get it sorted soon. :thumbsup:
25-07-2005, 06:29 PM
AVG - e mail scanner
I had seven objects when I ran the ad ware. I removed them but this still keeps happening. For now I've got the disabled option on, but no idea still why it's happening. :sad: