Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adverts!
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Adverts!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I scream everytime that Kentucky Fried Chicken one comes on, the one with the office girls stuffing their faces and singing whilst eating!!! Didn't anyone tell them that it is rude to speak.....or sing whilst eating? :mad: The most annoying thing about it is after it is on I can't get the blinking tune of my head and I go around the house humming it for ages! Anyone else find it extremely annoying?! :ninja:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Adverts!
I blame PJ. Smile
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Adverts!
At the moment there arent THAT many adverts that irritate me, although im sure when people start posting them i will agree :wink2: I have a very short memory !!!

The one recently that i hated was for mouthwash. It had the girl in a bathroom with just a towel on, and she was using a new mouthwash that removed plaque etc. She does this stupid pathetic dance, then spits it into the sink and wont show the camera man what come out :boxing:

Also i hate the Herbal Essence shampoo / conditioner adverts when the woman has a fake orgasm every 2 seconds (or am i just jealous) :pimp:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
12-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Adverts!
The singing dog in the shower.

All the Halifax adverts where the guy has a false Birmingham accent.

Herbal Essences.

The Whiskas advert with the Chinese girlfriend.

Confused dot com, with the shouting smug scotsman.

All E-sure adverts.

Diamond, car insurance for women

First Plus loans with Carol Vorderman

.................shall I go on?
Find all posts by this user
12-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Adverts!
Patsy Wrote:.................shall I go on?

Yes :kid:

I agree with you about the whiskas advert with the chinese girl.

Talking of chinese looking girls, i cant stand the 'sponser' adverts for Corrie right now, with that girl and her boyfriend who have obviously just moved into their house. She gives me the creeps.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
12-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Adverts!
Same here, Bonnie. They could have chosen an attractive chinese/japanese woman, there are plenty around.

Not very pc, maybe, but attractive people are more appealing when advertising, surely.
12-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Adverts!
Bonsai Wrote:At the moment there arent THAT many adverts that irritate me, although im sure when people start posting them i will agree :wink2: I have a very short memory !!!........

At the risk of sounding like a miserable moo I have to say that there aren't many adverts that don't irritate me. And why is it that no matter what time you turn the TV on, it always seems to be in the adverts. Well don't answer that cos I know it's because the adverts are getting longer than the programs. Even the BBC have commercial breaks to plug their programs and don't you get sick of seeing the same clip over and over for something that isn't on for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Current irritation is the 2-part one where it masquerades as a sort of public information thing about gum disease. Then a woman pops up later in the adverts saying that she's tried XXX toothpaste and all her worries are over! Grrr!
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Adverts!
Bonsai Wrote:Yes :kid:

I agree with you about the whiskas advert with the chinese girl.

Talking of chinese looking girls, i cant stand the 'sponser' adverts for Corrie right now, with that girl and her boyfriend who have obviously just moved into their house. She gives me the creeps.

Totally agree - it also really gets on my nerves when they drink out of vases - for god's sake how much is a glass - you can get some decent ones in M&S for 50p.
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Adverts!
Bella Bella calm down love - its only a commercial!!!

I love it, I do I love it! I sing to it, sometimes without stuff in my mouth and sometimes pretending I have stuff in my mouth. And I actually wish it would go on longer - maybe for the whole afternoon!!! LOL - [well not quite] - but you know it wouldn't make me go and buy the stuff, let alone eat it or perish the thought enjoy it!!!!!

My new fave is the Orbit white Chewing Gum - when the bloke is smiling and that ratty woman is ripping things off him and he is still smiling - I love it!! So Happy!!

Edited to say: I now have the Kentucky song in my brian and I am singing it very loudly - cos I can!!!:angel_not

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

19-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Adverts!
Loving.... :wub:

Guiness Extra Cold - Snail add...bless the little snail that sneezes....

Sure for men - over the top protection......the one with all the stunt guys whizzing around...cool....

Hating.... :mad:

Esure....
Halifax....
That ruddy frog....and stupid dragon....
ING Direct....
AA....
All no win no pay legal ads....
All furniture store ads.....I thought things would improve with the loss of Courts but nooooo!
Anything with Carol Vorderman or Linda Barker....
Polaris homes...I'll shove that golf club up your bum Mr Nicholas!

and a fair few more I can't even bring myself to mention as they are so unworthy of my time..... :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scary adverts ... Dolores 20 3,458 30-10-2006 10:05 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Adverts Website Bonsai 1 832 08-06-2006 10:29 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Adverts Bella 15 2,918 24-04-2006 10:53 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Ruddy Adverts! Coastie 20 3,290 14-03-2005 06:20 PM
Last Post: Coastie