Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ailments September
14-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Ailments September

As I have a rash spreading through my right arm and shoulder I feel justified in resuscitating this thread (my mission tonight). As I am going to the hospital on Friday for some tests too (and their horror reaction to my skin reaction) I may even be able to extend this thread to October.....

Any more aliments?????

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Ailments September
tonee Wrote:As I have a rash spreading through my right arm and shoulder I feel justified in resuscitating this thread (my mission tonight). As I am going to the hospital on Friday for some tests too (and their horror reaction to my skin reaction) I may even be able to extend this thread to October.....

Any more aliments?????

err I'm not sure but I think it's against the rules to start up your own "monthly theme" I will of course have to consult Cat on the exact ettiquette to be sure though!

Hope the tests go well, tonee ... and the rash isn't too stomach churning for those poor medical staff!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Ailments September
Dolores Wrote:err I'm not sure but I think it's against the rules to start up your own "monthly theme" I will of course have to consult Cat on the exact ettiquette to be sure though!

Hope the tests go well, tonee ... and the rash isn't too stomach churning for those poor medical staff!

Breaking the rules with my thread as well as breaking my skin with my rash (some sort of parallel state). Aw well, I will let the mod or whoever holds the power to delete or decide on my punishment. Maybe rename the thread - chronic ailments that keep you company!!!:sick:

15-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Ailments September
Oh, go on tonee and have ailment October...it's your rash and you can gripe if you want to!!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
15-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Ailments September
I had an ECG the other night!

I had been experiencing pains in my chest for a couple of days and it started to worry me cos I am well overweight and their is a history of heart disease in my family.

Anyway it was all very embarrasing cos i'm sure the walk in treatment room staff were laughing at me (or was I just being paranoid!!).

They took my blood pressure, a lung capacity test and then an ECG which I had to strip half naked for ... not a pleasant sight for nursey!

End result I'm as fit as a flea and it was probably a muscle joint strain in my chest.

I was quite impressed with the tests that they did, especially as towards the end I felt like a complete fraud.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Ailments September
Dolores Wrote:End result I'm as fit as a flea and it was probably a muscle joint strain in my chest.

I was quite impressed with the tests that they did, especially as towards the end I felt like a complete fraud.

It's best to get these things checked out, I do think that if resources allowed that we should all get an MOT once a year. you get one for your car so why not yourself?

Good result though Dol! :thumbsup:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Ailments September
Tonee - I hope all goes well on Friday for you!

Dol - You shouldn't feel a fraud, it is always best to get these things checked out. I'm glad it was nothing serious.

My ailment for September is an infected leg (infected ezecma). Luckily the infection has cleared up now but it has left a lovely (read that as ugly) red mark :sad:
15-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Ailments September
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Dol - You shouldn't feel a fraud, it is always best to get these things checked out. I'm glad it was nothing serious.
It certainly is.

I know a few years ago i started having severe chest palpitations (sp). I literally got them every hour or so, and it started to worry me hugely.

I went to the doctors, who listened to what i told him and booked me into the hospital for tests.

The weird thing was though - as soon as i had been to the doctor the palpitations disapeared so i cancelled the appointment. Very strange. I still get them sometimes though.

It is best to get anything that worries you checked out.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Ailments September
Bonsai Wrote:It certainly is.

I know a few years ago i started having severe chest palpitations (sp). I literally got them every hour or so, and it started to worry me hugely.

I went to the doctors, who listened to what i told him and booked me into the hospital for tests.

The weird thing was though - as soon as i had been to the doctor the palpitations disapeared so i cancelled the appointment. Very strange. I still get them sometimes though.

It is best to get anything that worries you checked out.

Palpitations can sometimes be a sympton of stress. i don't show that I'm stressed easily to the outside world, but I know my heart is hammering in my chest in a most painful way if I'm stressed. My dad has palpitations through stress too ... although he doesn't beleive in stress so he thinks it's cos he's moved to fast!

15-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Ailments September
Dolores Wrote:Hope the tests go well, tonee ... and the rash isn't too stomach churning for those poor medical staff!

Its fairly tame just itchy. Thanks for the wishes, no major experience ahead though just a review and bloods etc Time out really. Glad you're ecg was normal - few sticky marks left behind?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  As it's September.... Andrea 8 1,051 04-09-2006 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bella
  Son of a Bitch September Cat 54 2,853 24-09-2005 04:27 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  September Theme - Vote NOW! Cat 31 1,834 31-08-2005 08:07 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  September - Monthy Theme Cat 27 1,700 29-08-2005 10:11 PM