Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol- honesty or rubbish? You tell me!
21-12-2004, 01:25 PM

I don't know about this, how many people think Alcohol makes you honest. I tell everybody how much I love them when Im drunk! But Im often very much more honest. Do you think that displays of emotion are what we are feeling deep down or is it just our body doing crazy stuff which is no indication of what we feel when sober?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2004, 01:33 PM
I think that booze can give you courage to say and do things that you normally wouldnt do - NOT that its the answer!!!

When I was in my early 20's I started dating a guy who was a singer in a rock band, and evey time I saw him play in the band I had been drinking, so when I started seeing him, I had a few drinks because I was worried that I would be too quiet and the couple of drinks boosted my confidence, we split up after a few weeks, he thought I had got a serious drink problem!!!

I have found that as I have hit mid and late 30's and now the big 40, I am more and more outspoken about things, that perhaps 10 or more years ago I would never have had the confidence to say!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
22-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I think that intoxication amplifies what you are feeling at the momnet. If you're feeling loving or angry, those emotions are times by 10. And as for honesty, you're more likely to tell the truth because you are unable to understand the full consequences, or even care.

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
22-12-2004, 10:21 PM
I have become quite an honest and open person since going to university, sort or "new people, new life" sort of thing, but I certainly get even more open when I'm drunk, during "the sambuca incident" a couple of weeks back I can remember telling my friends how much I preferred them to my friends in Preston, which is true, but if I was sober I'd feel like such an idiot saying something like that!

I agree with the amplification of emotions mentioned by cockburns, I get happier, sadder, angrier depending on what I was to begin with.

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2004, 10:21 AM
I don't think it makes you more honest... well I mean me more honest. I've come to the conclusion that it just makes me completely bonkers- an absolute raving lunatic- and theres nothing more to it!!! Big Grin :drinking:

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
29-12-2004, 02:24 PM
I spout absolute DROSS when I'm drunk, and it isn't stuff I think for a moment when I'm sober. I really have no idea where it comes from at all. :sad:
29-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Exactly!! Me too!!

30-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Probably rubbish because I get all lovely dovey and tell everyone they are 'so cool' and 'wonderful', except those who I don't like but thankfully I keep my comments about them to myself. I do keep some control otherwise I'd be telling people who I dislike what *******s they are lol. So Im a nice friendly drunk and Ill most probably declare my love for you lol!

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
30-12-2004, 10:40 PM
I think my arousal rate heightens - i.e. watching the news tonight I cried my eyes out, this is the first time I have shed a tear for the asian tsunami disaster victims - and I have had a couple or thre glasses.

I also sobbed my way through A.I. - am I alone in this??
31-12-2004, 10:41 AM
No, I cried about the little boy "Adam" that was dumped in the thames a year or 2 ago.

Alcahol makes me very loving and emotional...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Silly brain waves.Alcohol induced lunches. Northern angel 25 1,885 12-03-2006 01:31 PM
Last Post: Northern angel