Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I want for Christmas is...
12-11-2006, 06:50 AM

I'm under orders to 'compose' a Christmas wish list for family members and hubby. What is something you're wanting for Christmas this year?? I find it hard to ask for gifts...I wish people would pick up hints I've dropped and surprise me, but my family is too thick for all that nonsense, so shamefully writing out a list I have been. Do you think that it's easier to give 1) a gift, well thought out or 2) money, so the person can do as they wish?? Humor me and expound on all your thoughts and theories as this 'special day' approaches. :thumbsup:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
All I want for Christmas is money...yes money...that way I can buy all the bits I need for my trip to the Artic next March! :w00t:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2006, 10:16 AM
perfume, Chanel No. 19.

how kind of you to ask msg ... I hope it doesn't cost too much to ship over! :kid:
12-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh yes DollyDear...just checking on postage now!!:laugh:

Flippin' heck Coaster...THE ARTIC?? (is that N or S??:nerd: :laugh: )

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
12-11-2006, 10:45 PM
AIWFCI......... for it to be over without too much damage to my credit card.

Humbug.
13-11-2006, 01:20 AM
AIWFC is for someone else to cook Christmas Lunch/Dinner for a change. I want to spend the morning relaxing and then have a leisurely shower, do my hair and make-up, put on my Christmas best and descend gracefully to the dinner table to enjoy the feast.

Instead I will have a very hasty shower, bung on an old outfit and worry about whether the turkey is done enough, the spuds will be ready at the same time as all the veg, etc. whilst dashing back and forth to watch the grandkids open their presents, then find it's all ready and time to dish up and I still haven't changed and done my hair so will flop down at the table, flushed and anxious and hoping everybody enjoys their meal and nobody gets the camera out :wacko:

Please Santa, just one year ........
13-11-2006, 07:16 AM
i would say the money thing but i wouldn't give it out myself. After all what if you don't give enough and look like a cheap skate - :bag:
13-11-2006, 08:35 AM
msgirl Wrote:Oh yes DollyDear...just checking on postage now!!:laugh:

Flippin' heck Coaster...THE ARTIC?? (is that N or S??:nerd: :laugh: )

Er...North....heading in via the Yukon territories of Canada...heading from White Horse, through Dawson City, past Ft.McPhearson and Innuvik (check spelling) and finishing at Yuktoyyuktuk (check spelling again)...I shall be there in March for a couple of weeks so need warm stuff since it will get down to below -40! :cold: :surrender:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-11-2006, 06:50 PM
blimey Coastie, that's a trip and a half!

are you going in an organised group or is it just something you're doing on your own?
13-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Dolores Wrote:blimey Coastie, that's a trip and a half!

are you going in an organised group or is it just something you're doing on your own?

Do none of you read the 'Winter Holiday' thread! :bored:

I am going to work as a volunteer on an extreme race...details in the winter hols thread...via links...very exciting! :yahoo:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,674 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,261 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,232 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,002 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,969 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,282 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,745 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,313 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,415 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 1,619 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets