Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altno
15-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Altno

Thought you'd like to hear a story concerning a friend of ours.

They have a dog, and it has a collar with a disc with their phone number on. A friend of theirs suggested they might to put her phone number on the disc as well, in case the dog ever got lost and found and my friend wasn't at home.

A few weeks back our friend's husband and daughter took the dog with them to the video rental shop, and left him outside. When they got out the dog had gone.

That evening their friend received a phone call. "Hello - I've got Altno." "Pardon?" "Ive got your dog Altno." She was at a complete loss as to what the chap on the phone was on about. Then he had explained that he had found Altno outside a video shop, and as nobody was with the dog he'd ssumed he was lost and took him home.
"Oh, do you mean a black dog - that's my friends dog Billy" "No, that's not the name on the collar - it says Alt no 07652 67742"

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Altno
I could make a mistake like that - glacid, is a good word to describe him :laugh:

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
15-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Altno
Thanks Swerve you have reminded me to change the number on Bazeeels collar from when we went to Centre Parcs, his reads...Villa 357.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Altno
Cat Wrote:Thanks Swerve you have reminded me to change the number on Bazeeels collar from when we went to Centre Parcs, his reads...Villa 357.

we had a tearaway dog when I was younger, when we moved (with him!) we left the old address and phone number on, but alas people knew where he lived!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Altno
Larf!

Reminds me of when we worked in the hotel. The Trainee Night Manager was handing over to me one morning and he said that there had been only one non-arrival, a Mr Nutba, a Japanese chap by all accounts. I queried the name and when I looked at it, it said Mr NTBA, as in Name To Be Advised. Oh, how we laughed on the early shift.
16-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Altno
I was told by the vet never to put your own home number and address on the dogs collar.

Apparently people have snatched dogs, and then got your address from the collar and robbed you blind. If you have something like a pedigree, they would assume you have money and stuff to nick.

Also - if they have a home number they are more likely to use it to demand a ransom for the safe return of the pooch.

We were told to put the vets number on Bailey's collar, as he could then take the dog, scan the chip, and give us a call.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Altno
Jordan usually does his houdini-like escapes at night-time, so we had to put our mobile nos. on him.

when we got him as a rescue dog we were warned he was a wanderer, and by god they were right. the little fekker can go for miles and miles on one of his adventures.

one time my mum was watching him, and took his collar off to give him a brush, and he did a runner. We hadn't got him chipped at the time and there was no way for him to be traced to us. I prayed he hadn't gone too far, as he can usually find his way home if he doesn't hook up with other dogs / people, but there was no sign of him that night. Or the day after. I was heartbroken, and wasn't talking to my mum...[that didn't last too long, but I was upset] and after a week I started thinking the worst.

3 weeks later I heard a bark like his and opened the back door to see a very wet and dishevelled little beastie, who lept into my arms and slathered me 'n Urk to death.... he lay down on his back for a rub and his balls were gone!

His new owner must have done it [saving us a vet's bill :devil:] but Jordan must have figured we were a better bet to live with before they started removing other body parts from him!! :laugh:

Still don't know how he found his way back after all that time 'tho?!!:shocking:

bam bam
16-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Altno
Oh, bless him! Did his de-balling curtail his wanderings?
16-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Altno
LOL SF! At least they got Billy back though!

Love the name of your pooch TE! Maybe he is related to Greyfriars Bobby - did anyone see that film at the weekend? I just love that story!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Altno
Bella Wrote:Maybe he is related to Greyfriars Bobby - did anyone see that film at the weekend? I just love that story!

I did :thumbsup: . I just knew the graveyard caretaker would become a big softie at the end. It actually brought a tear to my eye, and i kept cuddling Bailey :sad:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me