Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon postage shock
16-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Amazon postage shock

Being a closet Sponge Bob fan, I ordered his 3-DVD complete 2nd series from Amazon UK. It was being sold new by a '3rd party' shop in Florida USA and I was warned that I'd have to pay the cost of shipping from the states. As Amazon usually charges £3+ for postage from the UK I expected a hefty charge.

Not only was I pleasantly surprised that the 3 DVDs were only £15, you could have knocked me down with a feather when the postage charge added to that was .... £1.29!

The reason I'm telling you all this is that it might well be worth checking on US retailers when ordering goods, as there might be other cases where the postage is cheaper than you think - and certainly with the £/$ exchange rate, the goods themselves will often work out cheaper bought from the US.

Just a word of warning, in case you are thinking of buying US DVDs, your DVD player must be able to play Region 1 DVDs.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Amazon postage shock
survivorfan Wrote:Being a closet Sponge Bob fan, I ordered his 3-DVD complete 2nd series from Amazon UK.

Very interesting, Dave, but more importantly, did this set include Rock Bottom, where Patrick needs a glove for his glove action figure?
16-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Amazon postage shock
I'll surely let you know when it arrives Pats.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
16-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Amazon postage shock
Thanks. :thumbsup: If you were a Spongebob figure, who would you be? Gender notwithstanding.

I think I would be Mrs Puff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Amazon - Is it worth it? littlemissbig 21 2,411 09-01-2007 12:52 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  selling on amazon kookycat 2 604 19-06-2005 04:58 PM
Last Post: Ceridwen