Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the loser leaves with nothing
11-12-2004, 10:12 PM

Oh come on, Liberty X, Gareth, Mark and Sam and uh… One True voice (cough). All runners up but all got a recording contract for better or worse.

If G4 are considered a commercially viable proposition, they’ll be signing a recording contract in no time.* There is nothing to stop the ‘loser’ doing as well as or better than the winner. In fact if you look at Will Young, it was only after he escaped BMG's clutches that his music career blossomed and he became the critically acclaimed artist he is today.

*Does anyone know whether the losing finalists had to sign something which prohibits them releasing anything for a certain period of time?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm going to the chat room....
11-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Oh go on then, but I hope you haven't scoffed all the nibbles by the time I get there.
11-12-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm there now!
11-12-2004, 10:26 PM
I can't find it!!! :angry:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Just click on 'live chatroom' at the top right hand side of the page Smile
11-12-2004, 10:53 PM
I really really thought G4 would do it. Am gutted and broke. Also chucked my phone on the floor and it fell apart, ok now tho!! Ah well at least theyre not stamped with the constant 'winner got to do the best or else' thingy, cant wait for the album!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Nox Wrote:In fact if you look at Will Young, it was only after he escaped BMG's clutches that his music career blossomed and he became the critically acclaimed artist he is today.

first of all Nox what is BMG?

also, Will Young, critically acclaimed!!! do me a favour! lovely lovely boy with charming manners but critically acclaimed - can't see it!

I'm pretty sure that Louis will be dropping G4 like a lead balloon round about now - and they will be better for it - hopefully some other manager/producer with more integrity and more deserving will pick them up.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
13-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Dolores Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Louis will be dropping G4 like a lead balloon round about now - and they will be better for it - hopefully some other manager/producer with more integrity and more deserving will pick them up.

Oh God, let's hope so. I reckon if G4 had been in Simon's group they may well have won it. A lot of people were put off voting for G4 because of Louis's comments, especially the one he made about Fred West, even though he did say he didn't make the comparison and that he only read it in The Mirror. Louis's vicious and snide comments were most certainly played a factor in the final.

If IL Divo can pull off the classical hits as a group, then I am sure G4 can do it too under another manager than Louis Walsh!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Dolores Wrote:first of all Nox what is BMG?

also, Will Young, critically acclaimed!!! do me a favour! lovely lovely boy with charming manners but critically acclaimed - can't see it!

I'm pretty sure that Louis will be dropping G4 like a lead balloon round about now - and they will be better for it - hopefully some other manager/producer with more integrity and more deserving will pick them up.

BMG is Simon's record label.

Ok, you got me, but compared to Gareth, Will is critically acclaimed. Smile

The press have been reasonably kind to Will and haven't slated his efforts, in fact some even quite like it.

The rumour is that G4 are going to signed up by one of the major record labels as soon as they can legitimately do so.