Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And then there were four.
07-12-2005, 04:59 AM

Hello survivors

Well Chico has finally said his goodbyes. (Hip hip horay) Or has he? The newspapers gutter press tell us that maybe there is that bit more to bare of Chico. If so its time for him to start taking the kit off to amuse us further rather than try to sing and give poor entertainment.Sharon must be deeply embarrassed about this situation having fired it in the beginning.

There are now four left;- Andy, Shane, Brenda, and Journey South.

I suppose though if your favourite left last week or indeed a few weeks ago you are probably watching something else.

Curiously enough last week the show was not running head to head with another very popular reality TV show and as a result drew 10 million viewers, can you believe it? Unfortunately however, only 20% of those viewers voted. This is not a good result for the x factor finalists or the shows producers. However, they will no doubt blank it out to speak positively of its 10 million instead. The voting percentage really needs to rise substantively for this show to run at least another two years. Afterall, tyne tees sponsers or its advertisers will not foot the bill entirely.

Still I'd like to know what kind of artist the judges are hoping to market in a few weeks time.

Shane who is the closest to say Justin Timberlake - and should win.

Andy who has been recommended to perform out dated albeit beautiful ballads, but hardly a chart entrant,

Brenda a dated soul singer like many before her albeit a reasonable one, but then again very few ever in the current charts, riddled by rap and hiphop and dance mix.

Journey South an embarrassingly rough sounding pub duo not better than Robson and Jerome, one of them can't sing at all without shouting the other is a poor musician.

When all is said and done how long will any of them have a musical career.
Will any of them turn out to be big sellers, afterall before the winner sees 1 million the record company must make 10 million plus. The going rate for any newly signed artist is between 10 and 14 %. Of the net profit, and then the artist must fork out for other costs involved in there live performance career as it isn't all about getting into a studio and attending TV presentations etc.

Ironically one of the things this programme has so far brought to our attention are performers who fit into the easy listening catergory of pop. Which from the original artists of best selling songs is still one of the areas supporting a flagging pop industry, along with the classical, jazz , rock and blues releases.

Lets hope that a television company brings out some kind of talent show for musicians groups, just for a change?

Maureen
Northern angel:w00t:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I still think Maria was robbed and had the most presence and talent of them all.

Shayne will win because of the teeny girl vote but I see him as very ordinary and unbearably smug. He comes across as assuming he's won it already.
:closedeye

Angel who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards.
07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Kittencat Wrote:I still think Maria was robbed and had the most presence and talent of them all.

Shayne will win because of the teeny girl vote but I see him as very ordinary and unbearably smug. He comes across as assuming he's won it already.
:closedeye

Hello Kittencat,

Maria started out really well, but after the first few weeks she changed from singing to belting the living daylights out of her vocal chords.

Because we are all human, there is only so much tension the vocal chords can cope with eventually this treatment leads to a degree of vocal paralysis and eventual loss of singing voice and speech. Whitney Houston is a prime example of someone who has endured this time and time again. I needn't say anymore.

Maureen
Northern angel.
07-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Ouch..sounds sore.
Could that ever happen to Pariah Scarey..?(Mariah Carey)

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
07-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Aondeag Wrote:Ouch..sounds sore.
Could that ever happen to Pariah Scarey..?(Mariah Carey)

We can only hope...
Wink

Angel who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards.
08-12-2005, 12:13 AM
:sad:
Kittencat Wrote:We can only hope...
Wink

Hello kittencat

I don't think I'd wish it on anyone, dysphonia's, paralysis, torn vocal chords, nodules, polyps a whole host of problems caused through some abuse or other and also failing to consider how you can cope under pressure.

It's amazing how many people risk this some who are not singers either. People who shout a lot risk problems with the thorax region. Having a cold, flu, virus, and a whole host of other problems can affect the throat. the voice box and vocal chords are actually very sensitive they don't need to make a great deal of effort to produce notes at all. However the more sound is forced and for prolonged periods of time - out of the comfort range of the natural voice;the greater the risk of damage.

We are are deemed the gullible mass public are not informed of this until we read or hear news of someone's loss of voice , or a very real threat of say cancer of the vocal chords etc, or maybe having an op, or botox or pig fat injections to strengthen and rejuvenate youthful vocal chords. For example; Elton John has had some minor surgery done which will enable him to sing for ever but without ever again having to sing out of his comfort range.

The comfort range is not known as that just for the sake of it, because that is the part of the voice which is naturally protected because it is trained not to overstretch itself. As soon as one is able to do this properly it has already taken a big chunk in terms of years of training. A few week of karoake or a talent show does not constitute ample safe training, not is it insured training. Some of my type singer have in actual fact insured there vocal chords and whilst I may be worth a great deal dead, at least if I cancel out the insurance policy should come into effect. No such thing exists for X factor or pop idol finalists at all.

Maureen
Northern angel