Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Johnson
10-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Andy Johnson

Did anybody watch the football last night?

My husband is a Crystal Palace supporter and that makes me one too. I think its fantastic Andy got into the England Team, but why on earth did Sven play him in a different position and only for such a short time! I think its ridiculous! It was a bit of a kick in the face, and for what reason? When questioned about it he replied "I think he was happy to play", I thought that was a bit snyde.

If he had played him as Striker, at least we would know what he was capable of on the England Team. What is Sven thinking, and should he stay in? Do you think he's a good England Manager?

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Andy Johnson
claire Wrote:

My husband is a Crystal Palace supporter and that makes me one too.

Why? :shocking:
10-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Andy Johnson
claire Wrote:Did anybody watch the football last night?

I think its great Andy got into the England Team, but why on earth did Sven play him in a different position and only for such a short time! I think its ridiculous!

If he had played him as Striker, at least we would know what he was capable of on the England Team. What is Sven thinking, and should he stay in? Do you think he's a good England Manager?

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

Yes, I have thoughts on the matter.

In the first place he's not good enough to play for England. He's an important striker for Palace, but he simply will not keep his place in the set-up. International level is a huge step up even from Premiership standards and often perfectly capable players like Johnson come into the fray but we never see much of them again. Chris Powell of Charlton was another example - great performances in the Premiership yet looked ordinary and out of his depth in Internationals.

I can understand your frustration with Sven. There are a lot of us out there sharing those sentiments. He's unable to get the best out of what is a very capable team of players. Terry Venables could do it, Bobby Robson could do it, others have failed also to be fair, but I would now like to see a new introduction to take us into next years World Cup. Sven would get us there with no trouble, it's just that once we are there it'll be the same old same old.

The same old same old
Game one - England draw, not a great performance
Game two - England win 1-0 against International part-timers
Game three - England win 2-0, improved performance. Beckham pulls up trees.

2nd round - England win 4-2, Beckham hits two rockets and Gerrard looks like the Worlds greatest midfielder. Media react positively and the entire nation believes this is the one...

Q-Finals - England go out on penalties to either Germany or Argentina. Beckham goes missing, and Gerrard looks knackered.

And it just so happens that Mr.Venables and Mr Robson are out of activity right this moment in time.

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
10-02-2005, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2005 10:17 AM by claire.)
Andy Johnson
I never knew a thing about football or cared for that matter. My hubby loves them and after hearing everything about Crystal Palace and having the game drummed into my head, I've grown to genuinely like and support them.

I love Ian Dowie!! :wub: My husband doesn't even mind as he thinks he's hideous!! :bye:

was replying to ILS post here... will reply to woodies now..

10-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Andy Johnson
I completely disagree with you about Andy Johnson not being good enough for International football and believe that given the chance, he will prove himself. Unfortunately he wasn't given the chance last night.

He is an excellent footballer, and scores goals against top premiership teams (which in my opinion counts for a lot!).

Andy all the way!!

10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Andy Johnson
I have to agree with Woodstock here, just because a player looks good in the premiership doesn't make them good enough to play international football as it has been proved time and time over. But I haven't seen enough of Andy Johnson to say if I think he is good enough or not.

As for sven get rid now, it is the same old, same old rubbish, this was a friendly so why not try a few of the new players out...... imo - he is like the ones before him, they just haven't got the bottle.....
10-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Andy Johnson
A couple of things to do with last nights footie and stuff:

1) Sven should stay manager.
2) Rooney looks like elephant boy.
3) It was nice to see England players running around and trying to win the ball....I get so fed up with the normal lethagy they have shown of late....yes it wasn't pretty, no there wasn't any goals but the work rate of a majority of players was up ten fold compared to what I have seen in the past.
4) Owen Hargreaves is a waste of space.
5) Gary Neville still couldn't pass water...how he gets picked for every game I do not know...he loses the ball more often than all the other players put together!
6) The Dutch team have some extreme totty!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Andy Johnson
Andy doesn't just score goals and play good football, he is the TOP ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP GOAL SCORER! Now your average Joe doesn't just get to be the TOP ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP GOAL SCORER for being an alright player.

He's brilliant, a lot of experts recognise that.

10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Andy Johnson
And another thing.... what does the England Team consist of?

Premiership Players...

10-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Andy Johnson
Ooh, another Palace supporter here, Claire. My family were dead pleased to see Andy on the pitch last night. Shame he wasn't able to show his full potential.

On another, slightly boastful note, my son made the front cover of one of Palace's match programmes last season. Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Well Done Andy Murray! Bella 5 1,954 19-08-2006 09:45 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Brit Andy Murray reaches his first ATP Tour final! ils 3 1,354 02-10-2005 11:28 AM
Last Post: Fee For All