Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals in pain and agony
30-09-2007, 07:08 AM

Have you ever heard an animal in pain and agony , and was disturbed by the sound it emitted?

Our cat once tried to bring a rabbit through our cat flap. The squeals of the rabbit still ring in my ears but luckily our cat is well behaved and dropped it as soon as it was told and the rabbit ran off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Hello Seabreaze,

I hate the idea of animals suffering and I hate even more the idea of animals that are neglected.

A while ago a rather scruffy but large white and tabby kat kept coming in through my cat flap. It was always starving. So I befriended it and let it feed. Thing is I thought it must have had some serious pain with either abcesses or teeth issues as it would occassionally wince in pain as it ate. It was a nervous cat and I couldn't get close to it for at least a week or two.

So poor thing suffered. Meanwhile, I rang the cat protection league told them I knew the cat lived around 10 doors away to a drug addict, who could barely look after himself let alone a cat. I described the cat as having the most enormous cheeks I'd ever seen and the fact that it appeared to be in pain.

I have since learnt the cat has been picked up as a stray and that it was put to sleep apparently the cat had a tumour and that puting it to sleep ended the poor things torment.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Seabreeze Wrote:Our cat once tried to bring a rabbit through our cat flap. The squeals of the rabbit still ring in my ears but luckily our cat is well behaved and dropped it as soon as it was told and the rabbit ran off.

They might not have been squeals of pain and agony, they might have been squeals of delight - maybe the rabbit thought the cat had brought it home for sex - and you went and spoiled it.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Back Pain Cat 23 1,913 31-12-2005 03:56 PM
Last Post: jaycee
  Aprils Agony Aunty Cat. Share your problems here.... Cat 154 6,416 27-04-2005 08:07 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Agony Uncle Cockney Cockney 62 4,186 01-02-2005 07:28 PM
Last Post: Cockney