Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcements
07-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Announcements

Every so often I'll post an announcement but many of you aren't reading them! :wallbash:

I've changed the colour on the default skin so it stands out a bit more.

To see announcements click on a forum section. At the top you will see any announcements! Some announcements are global and appear in every section/forum. Others can be forum specific.

Read 'em so you know what is going on! :thumbsup:

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Announcements
hmm... I think you're all doing this on purpose. :sad: Not only don't ya read my announcements but you don't read my threads telling you to read announcements! :shocking:

Also, everyone should update their email options in their User CP. First, is your email address correct? Second have you got the box ticked to say receive emails from admin?

If you don't have that all up-to-date and correct I can't contact you to let you know of new features, news and any problems.

Haydon

07-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Announcements
Haydon Wrote:hmm... I think you're all doing this on purpose. :sad: Not only don't ya read my announcements but you don't read my threads telling you to read announcements! :shocking:

Also, everyone should update their email options in their User CP. First, is your email address correct? Second have you got the box ticked to say receive emails from admin?

If you don't have that all up-to-date and correct I can't contact you to let you know of new features, news and any problems.

I read your announcements and I have all the right boxes ticked!
So there. Big Grin

Angel who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards.
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Announcements
What makes you think that the announcements are not bing read - this one has appeared (in various guises) three times in since I've been on - and I've read it each time!!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
07-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Announcements
Kittencat - good girl!

Rob - I know coz I can see who has been online since I posted it and how many people have read 'em! Not many! Although it is creeping up now.
And is your email option up to date?? Huh?

Haydon

07-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Announcements
Haydon Wrote:And is your email option up to date?? Huh?

Yup:angel_not.........

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
07-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Announcements
Email option up to date, Sir!!!!

As far as this skype thingy is concerned, I have done it, but I have no clue what's supposed to happen. I tried to skype you Haydon, but.... oh well, you're gonna have to explain this one a bit more.:blink:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
07-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Announcements
No idea what Sykpe is either - I do see the link just under some avatars but at the moment all I see is white box with a red cross saying "send a message to ***** via Skype" is that what it should be?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
07-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Announcements
Message read and understood - email settings correct :thumbsup:

All I know about Skype is that you can make free phone calls with it (allegedly) and is ideal for people with relatives overseas who are in contact on a regular basis. That's all I know Smile
07-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Announcements
All up to date, present and correct, sir, yes sir.

As for the skype, I downloaded it ages ago from their site, but have never used it, as for some reason it won't log me on, keeps coming up with an error.

Bella, skype is a way to make telephone calls over the internet, basically getting them free if the person you are calling is also on the internet.
I think you can call landlines as well, at a cheaper rate than using the traditional telephone.
You can now buy handsets that are the same as a telephone, to plug into your computer, instead of just using a microphone and headset.

[Image: 429.gif]