Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Fuerteventura?
14-07-2006, 02:48 PM

Got some holliers left but not til October which narrows down the amount of places me 'n urk can go temperature wise [not to mention the financial constraints:wallbash: ] so the Canaries seem a reasonable choice except urk hates Tennergrief and Landsagrotty, but we've heard Fuerte is not as tourist damaged or built up with good beaches and a quieter vibe man....

anyone been there, know owt?

fanks:good:

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2006, 02:56 PM
I've only been to Gran Canaria :sick:, but Fuerteventura is supposed to have the best beaches.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
15-07-2006, 07:14 AM
I have know idea what it's like there TE so I suggest you go and report back! :bye:

Don't forget your sun block and shades! Cool

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2006, 07:42 AM
My mate Steve has been there he said it was very good and that he would go again and he has been everywhere:thumbsup:

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
15-07-2006, 05:55 PM
I went for a week in November to Caleta de Fueste, in Furteventura. It was a bit more touristy than Im used to but the beach was lovely. Its was really hot too, 80 degrees every day (in November).

Lots of bars, lots of places to eat. We went with Thomsons.

They have loads of huge cockroaches though and I was a wreck by the end of the week (insect phobia!)...

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
30-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Too late probably but get thee to Corralejo.

The white sand beaches are HUUUGE clean and the surf is superb. Also, if you avoid the few Brit bars the vibe is very laid back.

If you want to be virtually horizontal go to El Cotillo, for a few quiet surfy bars, three great places to eat and some seriously gorgeous lagoons and palest pink sand coves.

Hire a car to see more, its dirt cheap, about 11 quid a day.

If you want to know any more about accom or places to go let me know, Ive been going there for years, know it like the back of my hand and have a half built place there in Lajares, just outside Corralejo.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
03-10-2006, 11:18 AM
fanks marmy [wb btw!!]

we were looking at Las Marismas Apts in Correlejo - they're about 15 mins walk from the town / harbour near the water park. Supposedly 4 star and a quietish location.....

got an offer for two weeks for £400.00 each which seems pretty good......

it's still swimable weather in November then?

bam bam
03-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm envious, las Marismas is really nice, we looked around just when it opened, pool looked lovely too.

The ocean is probably at its warmest in November, go to the fantastic Glass or Flag Beaches, just walk away from the 'town' for about 15 mins and youre there, its a huge National Park. If you keep walking (or just get a taxi or bus) and ask for the 'two Hotels' that part of the beach has a beach bar run by our friends Roberto and Jorge and lifeguards (dont underestimate the Atlantic!) theres also a beach shack where you can hire surfboards and wind/kitesurfing equipment.

Good restaurants are La Terrazza in Corralejo and the harbourside restaurant Blue Cow in El Cotillo.

Be sure to get a free copy of The Grapevine magazine, usually given out at the airport but might be in your hotel lobby, it has loads of useful info.

Oh dont forget to take the ferry over to Los Lobos islet, its gorgeous!

And if you want to shake your booty, take a taxi to Rosario and head for Mama Rumba, a totally brill salsa club.

Wish I was there! Have fun

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

04-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Cool - thanks again Marm. We love swimming and snorkling [although if they are all sandy beaches there's hardly much point in the snorkling bit - any caves or inlets that would be worth visiting and putting on me fins and mask?]

and we love a bit of salsa!! Both crap at dancing it but love trying...

If we get there we'll say hello to Roberto and Jorge for you [pm me your details and I'll pass them on!!]

now all I have to do is convince Eric and my boss that this is a good idea:unsure: !

bam bam
04-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, my advice is go!! lol but I am biased!

Snorkelling is good and safe, in the many lagoons at El Cotillo and Los Lobos islet, the sea life is excellent and the waters around the north of the island (Corralejo area) is a protected marine environment, you can also go on snorkelling trips and see allsorts of sea critters!. Theres a bus to El Cotillo every hour but really youre better hiring a car, once you have the Grapevine mag you're sorted for places to go and the roads (apart from the main road to and from the airport) are quiet. El Cotillo is about a 15, 20 min drive from Corralejo.

Weather should be high 70s to low 80s but like all the Canaries it can be breezy.

If theres any other info you want pm me and i can send you info and some pics.

Oooh I lurrrve the place, but get out and about to find the best bits!

M

Intergalactic Space Cat