Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anything Interesting to report today??
03-11-2004, 06:13 PM

I know sometimes things happen to us all that are worthy of a mention here - but quite often I sometimes think that I don't want to start a thread on it cos it perhaps is not that interesting to others: hence this thread.

So if you have any worthy news item that has happened to you or yours post it here.

Here is my todays entry:

My sister has recently taken over a pub in a sleepy backwater of Northumberland. And Mr F stayed over last night, as he was doing an overnight job of re-doing the kitchen floor. [obviously couldn't do it during the day].

But he came home this afternoon full of a real scandal. Oh so thrilling for all involved and the population of the village. The Police arrived unannounced in their thousands at my sisters pub, [a real shocker for this tiny remote village - and OK thousands is a bit of an exaggeration - but at least 12 cars and vans full]. Declaring to Mr F and my sis - that they had had reports of an armed robbery at my sisters pub and a simultaneous break in at the Doctors surgery.

My sis had had 4 contractors staying in the hotel - and one was unaccounted for. So the police did a village wide search and found this missing contractor hiding in a bush whistling!!! [about 400 yards from the pub][bizarre - I know!!] He had broken into the doctors surgery and was hiding.

Then the OIC [a sgt, an ex colleague of my hubby's] then announced that the intervention firearms team would be entering the building and would be going in with guns blazing to retrieve the remaining 3 contractors who had retired to their bedrooms. Mr F put his foot down and said no way are 20 hairy arsed, guns a'blazin, firearms intervention team were storming into my sis's home [pub/hotel] to get these blokes. So he went upstairs - told them [the remaining contractors] that the police were outside with guns and they'd better get their butts downstairs immediately or else. Which they did.

They were all carted off, the three were later released. The fourth was bailed!! Seemingly he had recieved some sort of 'Dear John' letter whilst working away from home and decided to go out with a bang - but he wimped out and phoned the cops with a warning!!

People do odd things in times of stress.

But it gave the people of the village a real good gossip and excitement. My sister and the girls in the pub were all of a flap with these hundreds of cops floating around looking all macho with their AK47's strapped to their shoulders!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2004, 06:19 PM
I like to hear about what is going on in other posters lives, so I like this type of thread.

It was lucky Mr F was there to stop the police storming in to get the other three!

Let me get this right - the guy broke into the doctors, then lost his bottle and called the police to tip them off - then he his in the bush whistling!! How strange!! It's the whistling bit that made me giggle!

Nothing much of interest going on in my neck of the woods
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2004, 08:42 PM
OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD

I just looked at my left hand and saw a gaping hole in my engagement ring where a great big diamond used to be :shock: . I have never felt so scared in my entire life Sad .

Just spent half an hour turning the house upside down. and thankfully I found it on the kitchen floor.

I need a drink. :eek:

And a good jeweller :ranting:
03-11-2004, 09:05 PM
floopy Wrote:OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD

I just looked at my left hand and saw a gaping hole in my engagement ring where a great big diamond used to be :shock: . I have never felt so scared in my entire life Sad .

Just spent half an hour turning the house upside down. and thankfully I found it on the kitchen floor.

I need a drink. :eek:

And a good jeweller :ranting:

Cripes did it just fall out by itself - or where you doing a maual task that assisted it to fall out??
03-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Flip Wrote:Cripes did it just fall out by itself - or where you doing a maual task that assisted it to fall out??

The only thing I'd been doing was getting washing out of the machine, nothing major. I guess it must have been loose already Sad .

Feels horrid without it - it's the first time I've not worn it since i got it Sad
04-11-2004, 09:48 AM
floopy Wrote:The only thing I'd been doing was getting washing out of the machine, nothing major. I guess it must have been loose already Sad .

Feels horrid without it - it's the first time I've not worn it since i got it Sad

Its a good job you werent kneeding bread or baking when it dropped out ... or you might of eaten it :shock:

Im glad you found it again though.

Nothing exciting to report with me Sad

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
04-11-2004, 10:00 AM
the thought of me kneading bread made me larf out loud, Bon Big Grin .

I'm not what you might call a home-maker.I need bread, but I don't knead it Wink
04-11-2004, 10:05 AM
floopy Wrote:the thought of me kneading bread made me larf out loud, Bon Big Grin .

I'm not what you might call a home-maker.I need bread, but I don't knead it Wink

And there was me thinking you were some domestic goddess Wink

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
04-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Flip Wrote:Cripes did it just fall out by itself - or where you doing a maual task that assisted it to fall out??

Well quite - 'fess up - just what were you doing with your left hand? I mean - I've heard of fast and furious but never so fast and furious that the stone flies out of your ring!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2004, 10:08 AM
:eek: I'm lost for words. No really I am :eek:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Who Finds Fee Interesting? Patsy 41 3,114 28-05-2008 11:12 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Doing anything exciting today? Bob 147 6,997 17-06-2007 06:55 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  What are you wearing today ? Bonsai 216 7,772 13-06-2007 01:30 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Is There Anyone You'd Like To Flog Or Shoot Today? Northern angel 20 2,175 23-03-2007 02:48 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Whats everyone doing today? Cat 314 9,533 29-11-2006 01:08 PM
  A Funny Thing Happened at the Office Today Groucho 13 2,018 28-09-2006 06:54 PM
  I am so upset today. bridge 25 2,279 30-06-2006 03:32 AM
  What made you laugh today.... Cat 315 10,784 04-06-2006 07:41 PM
  Are children being spoilt today? Northern angel 25 2,353 31-05-2006 05:37 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Today's birthdays tigger 13 1,408 12-05-2006 11:17 AM