Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apology
16-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Apology

I would like to make a formal apology for slating Ms Jackie Stallone at the beginning of the programme. She seems to have touched my heart, she's a lovely old lady who's gotten a bit carried away with the old plastic surgery, but nonetheless she is great...

Thats all folks- please accept?

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Apology
I think Jackie won over a lot of hearts, and it does go to prove that it's not what you are on the outside, but what's inside of you that counts! She was a classic Ballsy Lady, and she only started fighting back when she realised the rest were sniggering about her and being vile.

I would love to get hold of her EM addy, and let her know that all people in the UK were not like the HM's she met, and we did so love her for the way she dealt with all that s**t! (Anyone help on that score?)

I think most of us would need to apologise to her, truth be told!

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
16-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Apology
Yes. me too, I still think she doesnt understand how the other half live, but I will miss the way she stood up for herself and the remarks she came out with. Also think she was spot on with her opinions of the other hms.
16-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Apology
Eternity Wrote:I would love to get hold of her EM addy, and let her know that all people in the UK were not like the HM's she met, and we did so love her for the way she dealt with all that s**t! (Anyone help on that score?)

I suppose you could try emailing her via her website Eternity @
info@jacquelinestallone.com
16-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Apology
Thanks ILS, I have sent one off, don't know if she will get it or not, but I feel better for doing it anyway! Smile

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
16-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Apology
Eternity Wrote:Thanks ILS, I have sent one off, don't know if she will get it or not, but I feel better for doing it anyway! Smile

Well done - maybe she might even visit us here, if she recieves it Smile
16-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Apology
I can only echo your post Claire. Fun is fun - but we must never judge a book by the cover.
You know i have a lot of American friends,(i thinkSmile ) and it is very easy to get our cultures at loggerheads.
They are more 'up-front' than we are to be sure, and they miss letters out when spelling colour, etc:blink: , but when one takes the time to get to know them they are JUST the same as us.
They sometimes try very hard to get to understand us too.
Oceans do not seperate us now like they used too - the internet bridges the gap.
Airmail is only 5 days or so.
Shock horror SF even married an American!:glare: (Ask him if he regrets it?)
16-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Apology
sorry folks! this all seems just a bit surreal and fey, I can't buy into it

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Apology
Apart from my shock horror at the way she looked when she first arrived (and possible not too nice comments about that) I think I have stood up for her and fought in her corner the rest of the time and found myself feeling quite endeared to her. I too hope she won't judge everyone by the rudeness of some of the people she has come up against and that she gets to know how many people found her entertaining, witty and only rude to those that deserved it.

(Had migraine yesterday so forgive if typing a bit muddly)
16-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Apology
I have to say that Jackie was pretty venomous to some of the housemates in there and I doubt very much that the word apology is in her vocabulary. She strikes me as quite vindictive and interferring. I mean in the Davina interview she seemed to think every thing was rosy in the garden with Brig but her next sentence was completely dissing Sly's current wife! She really did learn nothing! She deserves no apology and I'm quite sure she couldn't give a fig whether she got one or not!!

As a contestant on BB she was one of the best, mainly cos she chatted alot and I also loved the way she kept forgetting everyone's name ... I bet no-one ever forgets her name!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user