Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Strange, Weird , Sad?
03-06-2006, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2006 12:33 AM by Northern angel.)

Are we strange weird or sad?.

If someone suggested that they found you - one of the above, how would you react?

First of all, I'll give you the circumstances which led to this tonight. I was having a general conversation with some old acquaintances of mine. When the Internet issue poppped up. Was it a good thing or a bad. Does the internet kill creativity etc?

I mentioned that I loved the internet, it is fast efficient and user friendly.the comment arose after I'd admitted to being a meber of an interrnet chatline and SO forums. Hence, I was promptly told only sad miserable people enter forum debates and chatlines on the internet. I went on to defend what I do and concluded that it was harmless fun, a good source of information and in addition enjoyable and relaxing, after hours of work, and doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

So do you admit to being a member of a forum or chatline or is it to embarrassing?

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Northern angel Wrote:Are we strange weird or sad?.

So do you admit to being a member of a forum or chatline or is it to embarrassing?

Maureen
Northern angel.

Some yes, some no, and yes i am strange weird and sad.:laugh:

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
03-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Even without being a member of So and other forums my daughter would definetly call me weird , strange and sad :laugh:

I have some friends who are much like me and spend a lot of time on the internet and they could not imagine being without it and can`t understand why people aren`t using is more. Then I have other friends who really just don`t have the time and wouldn`t if they could and can`t really see the point of sitting infront of a computer when you could be in the " real world " . Neither think the other is strange, they just have a different way of life.
03-06-2006, 06:32 AM
secrets Wrote:Some yes, some no, and yes i am strange weird and sad.:laugh:

I can vouch for that. :wink_kiss

I have received similar comments, Mo. A lot of people don't get it. Mr P despaired when I first found this place, although I was quite obsessed. Since then, he has joined a forum for the football team he supports and if there is something we need advice on, he encourages me to ask you lot.

I think you can't judge anything until you've tried it, but if it doesn't appeal don't do it.
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Northern angel Wrote:I mentioned that I loved the internet, it is fast efficient and user friendly.the comment arose after I'd admitted to being a meber of an interrnet chatline and SO forums. Hence, I was promptly told only sad miserable people enter forum debates and chatlines on the internet.

sadly, your weird friends are correct! :w00t: (I should know I've met a few of the sad miserable people who enter forum debates!!!) :w00t:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Dolores Wrote:sadly, your weird friends are correct! :w00t: (I should know I've met a few of the sad miserable people who enter forum debates!!!) :w00t:

Hello dolores,

The thing is I don't feel sad or miserable, I might have a gripe or a need to rant, most of us do. I see what I am doing as a kind of virtual pub without the furnishings and the smoke and I see all of us as customers in that virtual pub. We know that in pubs you have friends whom you speak with a lot acquaintences who you acknowledge, online you can do a little bit more - and strangers are those who drop by who may or may not move on.

Is this really so weird?

Maureen
Northern angel.

03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
My husband thinks im sad - although i have been on this forum for so many years now its almost the norm now.

He still calls you all my weirdy geek friends :ninja:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
The many times people have told me "you aren't normal", they get my most radiant smile and an extremely genuine and large "THANK YOU".

Any opinion is always a compliment. The alternative is people don't even notice you or care about anything you do, that would be sad.
04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Hello everybody,

Well I don't think its abnormal. I do like it, I find it is appealing and I feel relaxed.

I can't remember exactly how I found SO, but I'm pleased I did.

Somehow, or other I know I've had my ups and downs with SO, but I feel I've got beyond it.

I am fortunate though that I have a personal computer and can do what I like basically when I like. I may be wrong here but if some SO members log on at work I would imagine that you may feel inclined to hide what you are doing until you, at least know the stand point of your employer.

But you know I can remember a past employer of mine sitting at a computer playing games whilst I worked.

Many students also using Library facilities often take a break from a project to log in at various chatlines, after all - all work and no play makes one a very dull person. So have fun.

Maureen
Northern angel.

04-06-2006, 06:58 PM
My hubby gripes some about me being on the computer and is 'concerned' about who I'm 'talking' to. Mind you, our 16.5 year old is on his computer for about 8-10 hours, in his room, doors shut and that's not a problem. I had the computer moved into the dining room so I would not be have to be 'run off' when hubby decided to go to bed...I have bouts of insomnia. It's also situated where he can look over his left shoulder from his recliner and see what I'm doing, not that he's the boss of me or anything...
I have told several people I'm on this board. Most are amazed b/c y'all are FORIENERS (sp? shoot me in the spine Pats, Fee, whomever...:bag: ) and I tell them things I learn from you, i.e., phrases, words, foods, stuff like that.
I have one friend, although interested and facinated at you lot :shocking:, she doesn't have internet, nor will she get internet until her son just forces her (he's 8), because her husband cheated on her via women he met on the internet. They were married 15 years and she was a Navy wife following him to every posting and being the consumate military wife. They waited 12 years to have a child, so he could have enough time in to be in a more stable situation, as far as moving a lot. I tell her she's cheating herself, because she's a lot like me as far as loving to read and being interested in all kinds of different things. And her son gets access at school but I tell her msboy #2 is always looking up stuff for fun more than for anything else and he can run it better than me!!:bag:
I don't think I'm wierd or sad...I'm picky about who I like as friends and most all of you fit the bill, so I'm fine with that. Sod the naysayers!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Weird night mazwad 3 1,199 09-09-2007 06:55 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Weird Weekend Bonsai 16 2,895 12-01-2007 11:24 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  the Strange, Unique, and/or Unexpected... msgirl 11 1,633 19-10-2006 10:49 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Weird animal facts mikado 4 1,060 06-10-2006 08:42 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Weird thing floopy 26 2,665 11-08-2006 09:00 PM
Last Post: floopy
  Strange Statues From Around The World Seabreeze 10 1,402 05-07-2006 08:43 AM
Last Post: maxine
  Strange phone calls??? Ziller 7 1,015 06-06-2006 04:23 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Weird Sensations. Northern angel 21 2,420 24-04-2006 08:40 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  loadsa folk in! weird kookycat 17 1,915 14-03-2006 08:39 PM
Last Post: Mars
  37 Weird But True Facts.......... Apparently Patsy 37 3,813 30-07-2005 04:46 PM
Last Post: Patsy