Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these HMs the most selfish ever....
23-07-2005, 08:33 AM

Yes I think they are.

The way they hide food from each other, cook for small groups, show little or no emotion to evictees, they really are a horrible selfish bunch who seem to have no emotion or feeling for anyone else but themselves.

I've noticed it more this year than any other year.

The way the eat and cook makes me feel the most sad at the degeneration of manners and social graces. There never seems to be a time when they all gather round the table for food in a socialable way. Roberto did his best to get that side of things going but since he's gone the eating and cooking has been "every man, woman (and Craig) for themselves".

This lot have no manners and no social graces .... they don't really seem to care about anyone except themselves.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2005, 08:37 AM
I totally agree Dolly Bird..Roberto was the only one who tried to install good manners.
23-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Yes they are very selfish this year.
Roberto was the only one who made an effort to bring them together.
I think Derek and Maxwell have a lot to answer for as they did a lot todivide the group.
I remember in the early days on one of those rare occasions that they were sat around the table together and they were still arguing. I remember Science's voice rising above the babble saying "butwho argues on a Sunday"

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
23-07-2005, 01:20 PM
I saw an interesting poll on another forum Bob, which asked the question whether the cast on the next BB should be older with more life experience and more to talk about. The results were something like 80% wanting more mature people.

I think the freak show that is BB6 works temporarily, but the acts are sufficiently shallow that they become one-dimensional very quickly, and that is where we are. Like any good play, the longer term enjoyment is in the character development. I liked Science, but he got draining didn't he? I just wanted him to listen at times, especially when Anthony tried to speak to him with a level voice once or twice to try and break the ranting pattern. All Anthony tried to say was "ok Science, I'm listening, lets talk", but Science didn't want to listen to any reason, even when it was offered in a non-confrontational way. I thought Anthony did his best a couple of times, but Science just wouldn't stop. Thats why he's gone - it got tedious.

The only person I am enjoying watching now is Derek. It doesn't mean I like him, but he is at least interesting and shakespearian in his plots and sub-plots. Makosi still has potential, but seems to have used up her amunition and be walking around with an empty mag.

They need some ingenious tasks to test them now. Nothing nasty, just something to challenge them (and hopefully bring out Eugene). I think I'm gravitating towards the "only watch on eviction night" now, and I hope/suspect Endemol has a plan to do something to add spice - or at least be thinking about it.
23-07-2005, 02:06 PM
I agree, there is no time that they spend all together, they all cook individually and eat at different times. No sitting at the table for this lot.

They really all are a selfish bunch.

[Image: 429.gif]
23-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Dolores Wrote:Yes I think they are.

The way they hide food from each other, cook for small groups, show little or no emotion to evictees, they really are a horrible selfish bunch who seem to have no emotion or feeling for anyone else but themselves.

I've noticed it more this year than any other year.

The way the eat and cook makes me feel the most sad at the degeneration of manners and social graces. There never seems to be a time when they all gather round the table for food in a socialable way. Roberto did his best to get that side of things going but since he's gone the eating and cooking has been "every man, woman (and Craig) for themselves".

This lot have no manners and no social graces .... they don't really seem to care about anyone except themselves.

Oh god yes Dol, they are incredibly selfish ! All of them are spoiled and think the world revolves around them.

Off the top of my head I can think of one or two selfish things done by the HMs which include:-

(1) Science insisting on cooking a WHOLE chicken for himself while they were on rationed food and then having the brass neck to argue about it.

(2) Derek telling everyone else off for eating too much and then getting up every morning for a week at 7am to stuff a couple of bowls of cornflakes down his neck before anyone realised.

(3) Maxwell continually changing the bloody food blackboard in order to gain favour with Saskia and increase the alcohol total.

(4) Craig did the same with the blackboard and then it turned into a free for all, with most people changing stuff when other HMs backs were turned.

(5) Maxwell and co cooking in the middle of the night, knowing they had little food and then leaving most of it (prompting a massive row with Roberto).

.... oh the list goes on and on.

It is quite horrible to watch them. I keep thinking - god almighty, older people out there must be thinking, "this is the next generation; all out for themselves, only interested in what they can grab for themselves and will backstab or deceive anyone who gets in their way....."

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
24-07-2005, 11:46 AM
sayangmouse Wrote:I saw an interesting poll on another forum Bob, which asked the question whether the cast on the next BB should be older with more life experience and more to talk about. The results were something like 80% wanting more mature people.

But then I realised "hang on a minute, all the more mature interesting people got voted out pronto!" The GBP, say one thing, then do another....sigh.