Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are women any good at men's sports?
25-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Hello survivors,

Instead of putting this little tittering topic into sport, where it will be basted without question of doubt. I thought coffee lounge was the best place for it.

Do any of you feel that women are any good at men's sports? I mean Rugby, Cricket, football, rowing, boxing to name a few.

I once played Cricket and that was not so much fun as rounders. I also had an argument once about tennis, when I said the mens game was very different from the women's game and that was the reason for the difference in the prize money at Wimbledon.

In general I am useless at sports, but I have engaged in them for a laugh.

For those sports women who are achievers I do really admire there guts and stamina, but by comparison they'd slaughter someone like me.

What do you think ladies do you want to take part in men's sports or should you leave them alone?(The sport that is, sex on your own is no good.)

What do think gentlemen should we women confine ourselves to the kitchen or should we come out and amuse you, by playing a man's sporting game or trifling with it?

Maureen
Northern angel.Blush :yahoo: :devil:

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Well ! obviously depends on what sport.

If physical strength is needed for the sport then obviously a male will win (unless it's girlie rules and we can kick em in the knackers)

I was a demon pool player for a few years and beat many a man, they were very nervous of playing me in the league I played in - no strength necessary, just pure skill *forms a fist and blows on her knuckles* - who know's maybe they were just sooo skitty about playing a bird and being held to ridicule by their mates that their nerves got the better of them and I really was ****** hahahahah !!
25-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeh, it's purely a strength issue really. Although I trash Urk at tennis :devil: We're about the same at swimming, golf and pool though.... :kid:

One day I'll beat him at arm wrestling though, even if I have to break his.

bam bam
25-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Hello Smelly Cat,

I see you are settling in well.

Ooh, touchy subject. I beat Jocky Wilson the darts player at his own game. He was livid. I don't know how I did it either, because I only played it for fun and feel I am probably crap at it anyway. Afterwards, though the local lads took the p!ss out of me - with my stance at the Ocke line, and there is something I am not aware of untill someone takes the michael, is that my leg rises as I throw my darts.

Still I would only play anything for a laugh. I don't mind being beaten either by a male or female player in the same game. I'd like to have a go at football, just for fun.

Maureen
Northern angel.

25-04-2006, 04:28 PM
just outta interest (!) when did you meet and beat Jocky at darts ?

It's okay to raise your leg at the oche just don't follow through and p!ss up the scorers' leg :rain:

I used to be a nearly good dart player too ... mmmmm pattern is emerging ... PUB games LOL
25-04-2006, 04:31 PM
No..................

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Northern angel Wrote:Hello Smelly Cat,

I beat Jocky Wilson the darts player at his own game. He was livid.
Maureen
Northern angel.

I take it it was shortly after that fateful day when he broke both arms falling up a kerb after blinding himself looking at the sun through his binoculars?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
25-04-2006, 10:45 PM
just got trashed at backgammon. Three times. That's a game as opposed to a sport though isn't it.:good:

bam bam
26-04-2006, 04:33 PM
SmellyCat Wrote:just outta interest (!) when did you meet and beat Jocky at darts ?

It's okay to raise your leg at the oche just don't follow through and p!ss up the scorers' leg :rain:

I used to be a nearly good dart player too ... mmmmm pattern is emerging ... PUB games LOL

Hello again SmellyCat,

I met Jocky about 10 years ago in my local pub. He lives quite near to it and he made it his regular watering hole.

I like your humourous line, my cat did did that to someone she didn't like, hence I find it quite difficult to keep a straight face.

The pubs and clubs in Newcastle have a Sunday Footy league, and I've been and watched a few of there matches they look like fun.

Maureen
Northern angel.
Going to have a drink after choir tonight desperate now, but will wait.

:drinking: :eat: :wine: :wine:

26-04-2006, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2006 04:48 PM by Northern angel.)
survivorfan Wrote:I take it it was shortly after that fateful day when he broke both arms falling up a kerb after blinding himself looking at the sun through his binoculars?

Hello survivorfan,

He was certainly a very jovial and rounded fellow, always under the influence. I like the synopsis here it amuses me. But you know I think everyone should get drunk at least once in life.

I don't know of any good enough reason why we should get drunk at least once, but the experience is such a novelty. Not one to miss. On the subject of drink I do still like a wee drink today, but I don't make a habit of having to many.(Mr M thinks 3 or 4 is more than enough for me, but I work on the basis that getting merry is more to do with 4 or 5 drinks and keeping good company. So next time your out have one for me. I like to remember the fact that I've enjoyed myself and with whom.

Do you think some sports might benefit from mixed teams? In Tennis there is mixed doubles, but what about other sports say Rugby? Getting into the scrum looks rather exciting. Or should the ladies confine themselves to making the tea?

Maureen
Northern angel.:boxing:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good news! karenh 12 3,103 09-01-2009 08:41 PM
Last Post: Spooky
  Not so good news.... karenh 12 3,027 22-12-2008 01:03 PM
Last Post: karenh
  The Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Thread Critique 84 7,665 23-06-2007 05:54 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  women plee 9 1,226 29-03-2007 01:06 AM
Last Post: Mars
  Quick question for you good people.... Figaro 24 3,373 15-01-2007 04:12 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Good Morning Sunshines... msgirl 2 782 01-11-2006 02:14 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Cooking when drunk .... is it EVER a good idea?! Dolores 3 851 20-10-2006 10:16 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Men vs Women and how we see things Slipper 6 982 10-03-2006 01:31 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  when good threads go bad... Dolores 104 5,938 09-03-2006 03:27 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Have you all had a good week? Northern angel 13 1,827 28-02-2006 11:59 AM
Last Post: jaycee