Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a morning or a night person?
05-10-2005, 07:02 AM

I'm sitting here packed and ready to go to Devon. My train doesn't leave til 9.14 but I had to get Mr C to dig me out before he went to work otherwise I would have overslept.

I don't do mornings! I'm totally brain dead til about 11 o'clock (a.m.) after several cups of tea have kicked in. I'm incapable of carrying out the simplest tasks in the morning. Even making tea is an effort (been known to put the tea bag in the sugar bowl, or pour water into an empty cup).

By evening, though, I'm quite logical and coherent (unless I sit watching TV because then I just fall asleep).

How about you? Morning or evening?
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2005, 07:09 AM
I always remember doing this survey when I was in the Brownie's, I'm 43 now so it was at least a staggering 36 years ago!!! I said I hated getting up in the morning and hated going to bed ... Brown Owl suggested hanging me out of the washing line (after her sausage dog had shagged my left leg to within an inch of its life, mind you!!)

I'm still the same so i guess that makes me an evening person ...

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2005, 07:13 AM
I am definately a night person (actually according to the great British Sleep test I'm a moderate night owl...the type best suited to working shifts surprisingly!)....

If ever I spring clean it's always at around 10pm that I start....

I can barely string a sentence togther before 10am!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
05-10-2005, 07:22 AM
I'm definitely a night owl, I don't do mornings.... and I think the day should start at 12 noon.
05-10-2005, 08:35 AM
I always used to be a morning person. I would fling myself out of bed at 6:30am - even on weekends, and be awake and raring to go immediately - much to the disgust of my husband who hates mornings.

But in the last few years ive changed. I would now gratefully stay in bed until 10am and stay up until 1am.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
05-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Always a morning person. Up early and housework all done before 9am which leaves me the rest for work/play whatever I may be doing. As soon as 10pm arrives I usually want to go to bed except when it`s a girls night out and then I can party with the rest of them :wine:
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Definately a night owl. I could stay up all night.
But I can very grumpy in the mornings and hate having to get up early. Having said that, I always feel pleased with myself when I'm up and ready before 7:30am cos I feel like I actually have a whole day ahead of me and I haven't wasted any of it.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
05-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm so much a night person. I hate early starts during the week...don't mind so much in my own time (weekends etc if there's a reason)

For the last year I have had a 1¾hr commute to work (both ways) so I've got to get up at 6am and it's killing me. that combined with the 9hr working day!! killer. Mind you I don't normally hit the sack much before 1am any night. I'm one of those who only needs 5hrs sleep a night but it's the time it's taken. I hate going out the door knowing most people are tucked up in a warm bed and I'm already up and out. Equally I hate going to bed when theres still a whole ream of things to do!!!

So much for the EU and the working time directive!!!
05-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Slipper Wrote:So much for the EU and the working time directive!!!

Yes, the French go out on strike when their 35 hour working week comes under threat.

I do 60 hours a week, I get up at 5am and I frequently get woken up in the night with calls from Asia.

Do I complain? Does it make me a grumpy f***?

You bet your sweet arsé it does!!!

In answer to the question, I perfer nights, but I do both, grudgingly.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
05-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Deffo night person - even as a kiddie - with dad a musician there was always rehearsals and stuff going on in the house at night, and woe betide if you made noise the morning after a gig!!

Just can't sleep before 1 a.m., and refuse to exit bed before 8.45, much to the annoyance of my boss...:devil:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bam bam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Last Person... Mars 129 12,164 30-11-2008 11:36 PM
Last Post: ~ils~
  What time did you have your bath last night? Mars 26 3,871 10-10-2008 11:31 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Are you a sentimental/keepsake kind of person? Dolores 25 2,901 05-10-2007 02:37 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Weird night mazwad 3 963 09-09-2007 06:55 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  The Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Thread Critique 84 6,436 23-06-2007 05:54 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  the day after the night before ... Dolores 19 1,738 05-01-2007 04:54 AM
  Am I a BAD person Slipper 12 1,474 06-12-2006 01:43 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Good Morning Sunshines... msgirl 2 670 01-11-2006 02:14 PM
  The Pink Pussy Night Club! Coastie 55 3,473 25-09-2006 08:41 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Comment on the person who posts before you! Flyo 96 5,913 21-09-2006 01:31 PM
Last Post: gatubela