Slightly worried
Not at all worried
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you worried about Bird Flu?
06-04-2006, 08:40 AM

I am a little as we are off to Scotland in October, i think i will buy one of those little umbrella's that you can attach to your head, just in case a bird sh-its on me!

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2006, 08:52 AM
I can't say I'm not worried, especially when I heard on the radio that they were digging mass graves in various locations, "just in case" Sad Obviously, we're not the only ones who are "a little worried".

LOL at the umbrella Smile
06-04-2006, 09:04 AM
No, im not worried.

There are so many stories in the press to do with our health. Dont eat eggs due to salmonella, dont eat red meat because of mad cows disease, dont use cod liver oil, beware of vegetables.

If you worried about every single story you would be afraid to leave the house and scared to eat.

If the man in my next village dies of bird flu i will get slightly concerned ..... but the only time that humans are at risk of bird flu is if they live with their birds - like the people in Turkey (or wherever they died). They actually lived in the barn with their birds. They sat in their poo. Then you are at risk.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Must admit to being a little concerned. I am very concerned that our poultry is not inside yet considering it's made it's way over here. I just wonder to what measure the Government is really concerned about it.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
06-04-2006, 09:20 AM
I agree with you there Bonnie, you can't worry about everything you read but I remember the Asian Flu carried off a lot of elderly people and if this Bird flu does turn into a human form I would be a bit concerned as I am in the "at risk" category (especially as I've had a cough or cold practically non stop since Christmas) Sad
06-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I`m not at all worried but you lot should be. Apparently only rough old birds can catch it !! :bag:

Running off to hide now before I get beaten up
06-04-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm not worried at all...AND I am off to Scotland tomorrow.
I just feel bad for the chickens etc.
Wonder do they know..wonder can they feel it in their waters that something BAD is happening to their species.When I see clips on the news showing those official in their 'space suits' running after the birds to put them in bags and later dispose of them, I feel bad/sad.

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
06-04-2006, 10:26 AM
A friend on my MSN Group posted this today:

[COLOR="Blue"]Well, not a good morning up here, we are waking to hear the news the bird flu is on our door steps. We live 5 miles from Cellardyke and my place of work is just 1 mile from it, if that. Listening to the news they are saying a dead swan was found 8 days ago and has been positively tested for bird flu, but more tests are being carried out to see if it has the deadly strain that can pass to humans. A road block has been errected in a 3 km area around Cellardyke and observations for 10 km. Police are checking every vehicle in and out of the 3km area.

Shocking news and very worrying.[/COLOR]

They are taking it seriously, obviously.
06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
It was inevitable that it came here really.
The bbc report on this swan in Scotland, mentions that the swan was 'decomposed and partially eaten' so other little birdies that thought they were having a feast, looks like they were having their last meal.

Other birds in the uk have tested positive for bird flu but not the deadly virus.
As to whether this is the deadly one, we'll just have to wait and see. But I think it's only a matter of time before there is a comfirmed case.

[Image: 429.gif]
06-04-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm not worried about it. I agree it was inevitable that the disease would arrive here sooner or later, and I suppose it's also inevitable that the government will clomp around in their stupid size elevens rather than allowing scientists to get on with their jobs. Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose.