Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome
22-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Awesome

What makes you stop and stand in awe? Something in everyday life that you take for granted? A natural phenomenon? Your children?

For me recently it was watching the dawn rise in an aeroplane, above the clouds - it really struck me how incredibly insignificant we all are.

Also, probably and obvious one, giving birth to my baby. One minute I was exceptionally large and uncomfortable, next there was this new person, totally awesome and I still can't quite get to grips with it.

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Awesome
floopy Wrote:Also, probably and obvious one, giving birth to my baby. One minute I was exceptionally large and uncomfortable, next there was this new person, totally awesome and I still can't quite get to grips with it.

try an armlock!

back o/t:

for me it was, well obviously now you've said having your child I've got to say that otherwise I look like a heartless hard as nails old bitch! Actually at 7.06 tomorrow night it will be exactly 11 years ago since that happy happy day!

Something that always leaves me in awe is Birds. Look at them closely, their perfect little heads, their perfect little beaks, their perfectly laid feathers, their lovely lovely eyes, that darting movement they make with their head. They are I think truly remarkable. I don't mean the big ugly pigeons or crows or farmyard birds (sorry Flip!), but the sweet little thrushes, sparrows and tits (snigger, snigger).

that's what I find awesome, birds.

btw - I'm NOT a Bill Oddie groupie, or a bird watcher (what is the slang name for them!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Awesome
On a very clear night, looking up to the sky, and looking at the stars.

Just seeing how many of them there are, and that they have been there so long.
I could sit and look at them for ages, especially when you see a shooting star.

[Image: 429.gif]
22-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Awesome
twitchers.

Tornado's are pretty awesome too, I love those TV progs about crazy weather.:bag:

Bollox to potplants
22-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Awesome
Andrea Wrote:On a very clear night, looking up to the sky, and looking at the stars.

Just seeing how many of them there are, and that they have been there so long.
I could sit and look at them for ages, especially when you see a shooting star.

ooh yeh and the stars too.

I love gazing at them and showing my son my vast knowledge of the solar system, ie. "that's the great bear, that's the little bear and that's orion's belt ......" ... that's about it really.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
22-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Awesome
Cockney always tries to explain that stuff to me, about how long ago the light from a star left it's destination to get to us, and i can't get my head round the size of the universe and that kinda stuff.

Bollox to potplants
22-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Awesome
floopy Wrote:Cockney always tries to explain that stuff to me, about how long ago the light from a star left it's destination to get to us, and i can't get my head round the size of the universe and that kinda stuff.

I cant' get my head around Cockney being that profound! :smartie:

22-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Awesome
Yeh, Floopy, when you are looking at a star, you are actually looking into the past. You are seeing the star as it was, when the light from it first started travelling.:wacko:

[Image: 429.gif]
22-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Awesome
He's actually very knowledgable about such things, just you wait till he gets here, he'll bore the pants off you.

Bollox to potplants
22-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Awesome
Andrea Wrote:Yeh, Floopy, when you are looking at a star, you are actually looking into the past. You are seeing the star as it was, when the light from it first started travelling.:wacko:

Nope, nada, brain cannot compute

Bollox to potplants