Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baddiel & Skinner Unplanned
27-08-2005, 10:16 PM

Have just watched this weeks repeat on ITV2 - I really like the show.

Just posted the thread to say - who the **** told Frank Skinner he could sing!

It's becoming more cringeworthy every week.

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm afraid I CANNOT STAND Frank Skinner and would not knowingly watch anything he was in. He's no funnier than most blokes you could meet in your local pub.

I have a great respect for David Baddiel though who I think is funny, clever and grown up. Frank is none of these things imo!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
28-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I used to quite like Frank Skinner until he was quoted in the papers saying something along the lines of "All single women over 30 are gross mingers".

I mean, the cheek of it! Frank Skinner daring to call anyone else a minger!!!! :ohmy:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
28-08-2005, 11:56 AM
He actually dated a friend of a friend of mine's many many moons ago when they were both at uni - in Sheffield I think. She had enormous tits and apparently that's all he was interested in! Not that I'm judging him on that of course ... it's just me showing off that I've got a friend of a friend who went out with him many many moons ago! :laugh:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
28-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Aaargghhh! Sorry but I hate these two with a passion!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
28-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I like Frank Skinner. I dont watch the show very often, but when i do he often makes me laugh. Whereas Baddiel is too dry for my taste. He finds it funny to be outright rude and patronising to people - and i dont really like that sense of humour myself. At least Frank takes the mickey out of himself more than others.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
28-08-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't like or dislike these two. I sometimes watch it if there is nothing else on but that is about as far as it goes. But I have to agree about the singing Jaycee - someone really needs to tell him to pack it in!
28-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Does anyone else think that Frank Skinner has a touch of Frankenstein's Monster about him. All he needs is a couple of bolts out of the side of his neck.....

Come to think of it, Frank is a good nme for him really, isn't it? :laugh:

Or even better, he is Lurch out of the Addams family!!! :ohmy:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
28-08-2005, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2005 04:15 PM by Patsy.)
I used to quite like Frank Skinner. I saw David Baddiel at the Comedy Store in London years ago and didn't like him at all. It was in the early 90s. Thought he was a Ben Elton wannabe. My opinions have now flipped totally. I'm not mad on FS at all and, having seen David Baddiel in a Posthumorous Tribute to Peter Cook a couple of years ago, thought he was very clever, funny and seems a thoroughly nice chap to boot! He has matured, whereas FS is rapidly becoming the oldest, crankiest would-be singer in town.

Really liked DB's act with Rob Newman, too. Saw Rob Newman at the Laughter Lounge(?) in Dublin a few years ago. Very very funny.
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Oh my god. I cant tell you just how much Frank Skinner annoys me.

How much does he love himself? Why does he insist on singing, when he is so obviously crap? Why isnt he funny???????

Ill never forget seeing him on Top of The Pops, singing "Three Lions", and taking himself so seriously I had to watch through my fingers...

I wont watch Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned for the simple reasons they are not a quarter as funny as they think they are, David Baddiel looks down his nose at people, Frank seems to think he is some sort of sex god (PLEASE put him right someone), and basically they both look like they havent had a bath in about two years.