Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bar
08-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Bar

I don't go to London much these days. I used to spend all my time there, knew it inside out, but now each time I go it's like seeing it for the first time. I took the train there yesterday. My dad's in hospital in the Euston Road, I was visiting him. I got to Waterloo early, I had some time to kill so I went for a drink in a bar on the station. It was the upstairs bar a crowd of SO people met in some time back. What was it called then? It's been renamed - Bar Sloe, but it's still the same inside. When I walked in I got a flashback to walking in the first time, when the far bench seats were full of the SO crowd. When was that? It was long enough ago that Biggles was there, before he defected away to the Natterbox. Strange how you can return to a place and it feels like no time has passed since you were there before.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Bar
I remember that meet too SF.

I remember getting there with maxine to see that SO had taken up the whole of the back wall!

I remember the minute me and maxine walked over there, Voice (who I'd never met in real life) launching into an attack on Witchy, to myself and maxine, who had obviously been a major topic of conversation at the time - without even saying hello to me and Max - not a word of hello or welcome or are you dolores/maxine - very strange I thought! SHe was lovely later on when she calmed down though!

I remember falling in love with Flip - she was so lovely and I remember her shoes that cost something like a staggering £300 a pair, I remember her diamonte thong and her being really ****ed and giving an old tramp money at the end!!

what larks

It was the first time I'd met coastie and was horrified that she came from my town and that my "cover" might be blown!!!!

I remember Biggles too and remember thinking he was a decent likeable bloke. I actually spent a lot of time talking to him with Coastie - but later on he left SO joined Natterbox and accused SO of being cliquey and ignoring him at the meet - oh well win some lose some!

I've still got photos somewhere!! maybe I should get them out?!

Also remember Haydon and his gang turning up in their shirts - and thinking that all four of them were "haydon" - how excellent would that have been!!!

memories!

how much time has past since then.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Bar
Dolores - I remember that meet well too! Good memories! I think it was possibly the most well attended meet of all and Hayden came too!

I was another that spent ages chatting to Biggles, so I was surprised when he said he was ignored at that meet.

SF - I think it was called the 'Reef Bar' and it would have been around 2004!

If IRC we also had a 'mini meet' there a few months previously and I met you under the clock before we met Dol, Max, Karen H & secret in the said Bar.
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Bar
The mini meet. That's another one I thought about yesterday. It caused a lot of disharmony on the website, but it was never intended to be a website get together, just a few locals meeting for a first time drink together. It wasn't at the Reef bar though. Was it? ALthough we met at Waterloo the bar did not seem like the Reef. My memory is hazy because I was pi$$ed at the end. I remember a bar, I remember Secrets being there, I remember everyone else too. I remember getting in a taxi later on, doing a short trip and piling into a restaurant. Where was it? What did we eat, it's all to blurry.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Bar
lol! yeh it's coming back to me now SF! didn't we go to a Turkish restaurant on Karen's recommendation? can't remember much after that really!

we were a bit naive to organise a meet, not tell anyone and then discuss it later on the board I think - looking back that's how I felt .... naive and a bit thoughtless not thinking that it might upset people - but now with hindsight I can quite see why it did.

...and hardly locals SF!!! lol! me in Pompey, ILS in Worthing and Secrets in Birmingham!! Karen/Max - London and you Surrey!

it was good to meet people in real life though and to find out - shock horror - they were normal!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Bar
It was definitely the same place SF, although we sat in a different part of the bar, so maybe that's why it seems different.

I know we went on to a restaurant afterwards although like you, can't remember it's name or what we ate.
09-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Bar
Yep, it was the Reef Bar :drinking:

Yep, there are pictures :photo:

Nope- I wasn't there :assshake:

HTH Cool

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
09-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Bar
I think I was there.........:wink2:

Vaguely remember plates of food being bought but no recollection of what it was.

I blame the jet lag.

bam bam
10-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Bar
I never made the controversial mini meet but I did send a photo and few words along via Ils!

The second meet was a blast...I remember Voice introducing herself to me and me thinking 'Who is Royce?' as I misheard herBlush

SF, Biggles, H, Max, Dol, Flip, Haydon + crew, Ils, Tigger, Voice...and the incredibly sexy Andy, in his combat trousers, from the original Survivor...I remember Flip couldn't talk to him cos she was tiddled and her hormones were raging! :laugh: I also remember discussing stain glassed windows with Flip and Andy asking if he could commision her to do a window...dunno if that ever happened! TE and Urk..I can't remember you at this one and if you were there I feel really bad now:bag:

Do you recall how that deaf group turned up and slowly squeezed us out of our corner...oh and the guy who did a magic trick at one of the other tables with a pack of cards...althopugh I think I was the only one who witnessed that!

I remember eating nachos and being wowed by Biggles cowboy hat...also I recall being 'followed' by a certain person as I caught the tube back to my mates.

There are other great memories that have already been shared!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
10-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Bar
I was there too. I must have made a massive impression ... because no one remembers me being there Huh:pimp:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me