Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bargain Hunt. Cash in Attic. Carboot Ball Locks..
13-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Is it me?

For a start: Bargain hunt is upside down. Lets go off to antique fairs and shops and buy stuff, sell it at auction and make a profit....er no. The stuff you are buying has already been bought at auction and the dealer has then whacked a mark up on it - if you then take it back to auction you will get less..inevitably this happens.

Secondly. All these progs are SOOO patronising. All the presenters and (ahem) experts spend there time with their arms round the punters as if they are children making silly small talk and oohing and ahhing noises. It is crap - why dont they act normal?

The cash in attic woman is the queen of patronising poor presentation and matey boy on Bargain Hunt is not to clever either. Its like they think that antiques are anything special and auction buyers are some special breed - they aint.

Its an interesting subject matter so why treat it like a pantomime and make the punters look like silly asre thickos who are impressed if they make a few hundred. Antiques roadshow has an educated dignity but the trio above are about as sophisticated as what John Prescott leaves in the U-bend each morning. :blink:

**I heart Northern Soul**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Hate them....hate them all...hate Antiques Road Show aswell...why sit for half an hour gassing about a bit of old stuff when all the owner wants to know is how much its worth so they can flog it!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
14-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Agreed. They're all mush and everything is "staged" anyway. I'm very cynical about all these programs because we're supposed to be shocked and surprised but I always think "yeah, that was rehearsed or set up"
14-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I love em!! I wish I could be bothered to talk at length about them - but right now I need to go to the attic and check I still have Lorne tied up and gagged!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cash in the Attic (groan) IsLe Of WeAtHeR 8 1,329 20-04-2007 10:59 AM
Last Post: Tigereye