Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman Begins
16-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Batman Begins

Anyone else a Batman fan or is it just me?
I love all the Batman movies (except the most recent one,Batman & Robin - I like to pretend that this doesn't exist) and cannot wait to see this new one.
It is a prequel and tells the story of how Bruce Wayne became Batman following the death of his parents.
Anyway, I'm off to see it tonight so I'll let you know how it is.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Batman Begins
PJ Wrote:Anyone else a Batman fan or is it just me?
I love all the Batman movies (except the most recent one,Batman & Robin - I like to pretend that this doesn't exist) and cannot wait to see this new one.
It is a prequel and tells the story of how Bruce Wayne became Batman following the death of his parents.
Anyway, I'm off to see it tonight so I'll let you know how it is.

I use to like the tv series as a child but I haven't seen any of the films! Although I like the idea of a prequel!
17-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Batman Begins
OK, went to see it.

Forget what I said - it is in no way related to the other batman films (despite being about Batman...) so it's not really prequel if you get what I mean. It's as if the director has just imagined that there were no previous Batman films and just made this one from the beginning. With me so far?

Anyhow, it's a much darker, more serious movie about batman which lacks the campness and tongue-in-cheek style as the other Batman movies and basically tells the story of how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman.
The movie boasts a great cast and the acting is great from everyone involved. The special effects and action sequences are excellent.
So as you can probably guess I loved it.

I wasn't overly impressed the villains. From the other movies we have seen the likes of The Joker, The Penguin, Two-Face etc all of whom were great. The two main villians in this movie are Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow.
IMO, they could have done a lot more with The Scarecrow but never mind.

So, in conclusion I give Batman begins 4/5 stars: ****/*****

PS - The film has a 12A certificate but IMO some of the sequences in the movie (eg the hallucinations seen by people when The Scarecrow blows hullucinagenic dust in their faces) can be quite frighteneing in parts

[/SIZE]
17-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Batman Begins
I cant wait to see this Peej - I am a huge Batman fan.

The two with Micheal Keaton were the best - I'll always remember watching Jack Nichsolon as the Joker and being a wee bit scared!

Danny Devito was fab as The Penguin too.

I cat wait to see this one as I am in luuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrve with Christian Bale - :wub: and i think he'll make a great Batman!

The guy who plays the Scarecrow - Cillian Murphy went to schoo with some friends from college - i really like him as an actor.....is he any good in the movie?? Its his first big role in Hollywood.

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
17-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Batman Begins
Crystal Lights Wrote:The guy who plays the Scarecrow - Cillian Murphy went to schoo with some friends from college - i really like him as an actor.....is he any good in the movie?? Its his first big role in Hollywood.
Yes he's good. His character is very creepy.
But as I said, they could have used The Scarecrow much more.

[/SIZE]
21-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Batman Begins
I quite liked the way that they pulled it in slightly more towards the real world. The scarecrow had a reason to where the mask. It also showed Batman as a real man who bruises and is injured.
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Batman Begins
Peej...I loved it...the best Batman movie yet...I enjoyed all the others to dispite what the critics said..but this one has the best story by far and Christian Bale really cut the mustard....also Liam Neeson was in it and well I like him alot!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
30-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Batman Begins
mmmmm liam, think I could happily go for the older man.......................

"the difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys"
30-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Batman Begins
Just skipped through this, coz I want to see it and didn't want to know too much. The thought of being a prequel appeals to me too. And I like dark. Perhaps I shouldn't take the kids then?