Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beach or Cave?
09-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Beach or Cave?

Where would you want to live.
I can see plenty of pros and cons.
Beach
More chance of being spotted and drawing attention to yourself.The ocean is full of food.
More light, nicer surroundings, not as depressing, lovely calm noise of the waves.
Go for a swim whenever you want!
Sunbathe, chill out
Bad if you don't like waking early- sun will get you up when it does.
Burn baby burn and dehydrate quicker too.
Long walk to fresh water (although good exercise)
Exposed to the rain and chilly at night

Caves
Near the water supply
Shaded
Keep dryer
Warmer at night
Plenty of fuel for keeping a good fire going
but......
Loads of insect
Long walk to the beach for a swim
Not much sun gets through
less chance of being found

I think the most sensible thing is to have two camps, you need somone on the beach all the time, but it makes sense not to have to carry back water for everyone so they should set up a mini camp near the beach.

Seems like Jack's camp have resigned themselves to the fact that they are not going to be found and to make the most of it.
Whereas kate's camp just want to get the hell out of there.

Who's camp would you be in?

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Beach or Cave?
Bob Wrote:Who's camp would you be in?

The one that Sawyer is in :wub:
09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Beach or Cave?
I would move to the caves as that is where there is a good water supply but I would also ensure that a team is regularly assigned to the beach to keep watch and that various signals are erected to draw the attention of searchers to the area....i.e. S.O.S. in big letters laid out in rocks and debris on the beach.....lot's of poles with bits of metal on the top to reflect the sun like big mirrors to seaward.....I would also ensure that the beach team maintained a decent sized fire.

In the caves I would have the group divided in to watches and have them keeping guard 24/7 - have everyone armed with spears (inc. beach party) made from tree branches....find a spot in the cave where there is a clear hole to the outside above and have a fire burning beneath it 24/7 so the smoke goes out like a chimney and will also be a signal to passing vessels duing the day. The buddy system would be adopted so as no one could wander off and get lost anywhere and each unit/watch would have a team leader and particualr responsibilities running alongside the time they have to keep guard. Food would be rationed as it would save the need of having to hunt a pig a day and so conserve local stocks of boars.

basically that's it but if I was there I would also...

Wear a crown made of lillies and all would call me Queen Wannaba...Jack and Sawyer would be my sex slaves and the others would see to it that I was treated well!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Beach or Cave?
ooo I am very torn here - I wouldn't care about being rescued, I would rather make my life a bit more comfy.

So from a water and shade and protection POV the caves are safe, cool and near to water. Whereas the beach is also safe [in that the 'monster' does not come on to the beach] - you can swin and catch fish!, get some rays, have some fun - but no direct shade or protection.

I would probably live in the caves and have day trips to the beach!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

10-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Beach or Cave?
Flip Wrote:I would probably live in the caves and have day trips to the beach!!

that sounds like a plan, Flip! we'd pack a picnic wouldn't we, get the fishing rods and go out to the beach for the day!

what I can never grasp in this programme is time scales and distance. i mean if the caves was only half an hour a way from the beach them it would be fine to go between the two, but if it was 2-3 hours of treacherous jungle and polar bears(!) then it would be a different decision.

The caves just look too eerie and creepy for me, I'd rather have the open expanse of the beach ... as long as I had a flask of coffee and a packet of sarnies!!

I'm not really sure who's gone to which camp, but in the end I think my choice would be swayed by who was going to which camp ... and I don't necessarily mean the best looking guys! just who I felt more comfortable with.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
10-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Beach or Cave?
I would stay on the beach anyway. Just bribe one of the cave dwellers to bring me down water every day - though quite what with at my age I don't know!! Blush

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Beach or Cave?
It's a tough one this.

If that is the only fresh water on the island, then surely everything on the island goes there to drink?
I would not like the idea of splitting the camp as there is safety in numbers, but fresh water is a must.
Transporting large amounts of water would be very difficult, so it would have to be regular trips on a rota basis, with whatever weapons were available for those able to go.
11-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Beach or Cave?
I'd rather be in the cave - if only because I wouldn't have to carry water!

It would also be no problem if everything on the island went there to drink - it would save hunting them!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Beach or Cave?
Well I want to be in Coasties gang sounds nice and well organised to me.

As long as I get some sunbathing time
11-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Beach or Cave?
It would be the caves for me regardless of who was there. The caves have the shelter, the water and the food plus Charlie's guitar and sing-songs round the camp-fire! If you wanted the beach, it is only a small walk away albeit through a jungle filled with god knows what but if you done it Coastie's way and organised yourselves into shifts the caves are without question the best place to be!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT