Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becks and Posh movin' to Cali...
14-01-2007, 01:10 AM

well, according to the news, David Beckham is joining a team in California to play soccer since his Spanish deal is up. I wonder how that will be?

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2007, 12:32 PM
msgirl Wrote:well, according to the news, David Beckham is joining a team in California to play soccer since his Spanish deal is up. I wonder how that will be?
I reckon it'll be great for them since he's reported to earn a ridiculous £1million a week or there abouts after sponsoring and marketing get their hands on him.
And we'll no doubt constantly see Posh in the papers hanging out with the current Hollywood A-listers.
But I suppose it will be good to promote 'soccer' a bit more over there.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2007, 12:42 AM
it's soooo wierd that we have soccer, y'all have footaball...same game mind you. then we have football, y'all have rugby...same game mind you. who was naming things back then??:unsure:

p.s. somehow I think a former Spice Girl will only rate being "Mrs. David Beckham" over here. She and the Spice Girls weren't that hot over here and she's (Posh) got too many other 'slebs to duke it out with for the paps.

15-01-2007, 09:03 AM
msgirl Wrote:it's soooo wierd that we have soccer, y'all have footaball...same game mind you. then we have football, y'all have rugby...same game mind you. who was naming things back then??:unsure:

p.s. somehow I think a former Spice Girl will only rate being "Mrs. David Beckham" over here. She and the Spice Girls weren't that hot over here and she's (Posh) got too many other 'slebs to duke it out with for the paps.

Sorry to burst your bubble BUT

Soccer is the septic bastar7isation for football - Not foot'a'ball. How you can call your American thingyball 'Football' I do not know. Your game does not involve feet unless you count hoofing it up into the air for anyone to catch or for that 'skilled' kicker who comes on the pitch padded and helmetted for 2mins in every game. just to take a place kick from directly in front of the posts.

Rugby and American thingball are NOT the same. Our guys are on the pitch for a full 80mins without oxygen breaks. There is not 3 teams in one eg. a 'defensive/offensive/kicking' team. Padding is limited to a light foam vest under the shirt and the head-unit is really only to save ears from being ripped off. It offers no protection for collisions/concussion. In the past a bit of electrical insulation tape was all that would be used.

The Rugby 'kicker' may have to take a kick from anywhere on the pitch whilst actually 'playing' the game with the big boys taking knocks etc. Side-line/halfway-line etc.

If you lose pocession you and your team carry on. You don't stop and bring on a seperate bunch and go and take a breather.

I would be VERY careful of drawing comparison between US sports and European sports. Hockey (Ice) is an acceptable one to shout about and as we wouldn't try to convince you that Cricket is a sport for Americans....Baseball is Rounders for guys who like spandex!

edited to add.....

Thank Fk he and especially she are going over there. We won't have to put up with all that hype shti

Now we can get on and hype Wayne and Colleen instead ( DOH! )
15-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Slipper Wrote:Thank Fk he and especially she are going over there. We won't have to put up with all that hype shti

Do you really think by them going over there, it's going to stop the hype? They went to Spain and we still heard about them, if anything I think it will only get bigger! We'll have the televised ceremony of them both being accepted in the Church of Scientology...........just watch this space!

And what this it's not about the money crap - half a blooming million a week, of course it's about the money! I would go to Outer Mongolia for that amount dosh!

I mean why doesn't he come to the UK and teach "British" guys to play football instead of our teams infested by foreign players?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Slipper Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble BUT

Soccer is the septic bastar7isation for football - Not foot'a'ball. How you can call your American thingyball 'Football' I do not know. Your game does not involve feet unless you count hoofing it up into the air for anyone to catch or for that 'skilled' kicker who comes on the pitch padded and helmetted for 2mins in every game. just to take a place kick from directly in front of the posts.

Rugby and American thingball are NOT the same. Our guys are on the pitch for a full 80mins without oxygen breaks. There is not 3 teams in one eg. a 'defensive/offensive/kicking' team. Padding is limited to a light foam vest under the shirt and the head-unit is really only to save ears from being ripped off. It offers no protection for collisions/concussion. In the past a bit of electrical insulation tape was all that would be used.

The Rugby 'kicker' may have to take a kick from anywhere on the pitch whilst actually 'playing' the game with the big boys taking knocks etc. Side-line/halfway-line etc.

If you lose pocession you and your team carry on. You don't stop and bring on a seperate bunch and go and take a breather.

I would be VERY careful of drawing comparison between US sports and European sports. Hockey (Ice) is an acceptable one to shout about and as we wouldn't try to convince you that Cricket is a sport for Americans....Baseball is Rounders for guys who like spandex!

edited to add.....

Thank Fk he and especially she are going over there. We won't have to put up with all that hype shti

Take a deep breath Slipper...I'm not MS. All-American Sports, so my comparisons were made from just an observational point and certainly not a dedicated jocks point. I stand totally corrected and schooled. "Footaball" was a typo plain and simple...it happens. And I really appreciate your un-biased opinions of Americans (septics, septic tanks=yanks):wink_kiss

Bella, if Becks and Posh get within hollerin' distance of Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley or a few more notables...Scientology will engulf them! I've a friend who loves all things Elvis and I really like Lisa Marie Presley's singing, but after I found out she's a big supporter of Scientology, I've had to re-evaluate my purchases of all things Presley as it ends up in the Scientology coffers. I've tried really hard to get over Tom Cruise and his total loss of his mind and blatherings of all things Scientology, but after his attack on Brooke Shields...not once, but several times over her PPD, her career, etc., and then the whole Katie Holmes thing, I'm just beyond him. :angry:

15-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Apparently the american press are already going for Posh. She was ambushed in the airport the other day, and among the numerous headlines was the one "the alien has landed".

I dont think they are going to be particularly kind to her :bag:

An american journalist was speaking about their arrival, and she said that they dont know how to take Posh. They like their celebs to smile, and to be as natural as their botox enhanced faces could be .... whereas Posh just pouts and preens for the cameras.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-01-2007, 06:04 PM
In Posh's favour I think she has a wicked sense of humour and is quite self deprecating in a way - I think Hollywood's beautiful people might find that quite hard to take.

I don't really know why (probably cos I don't really read much about them) but I like Posh and Becks ... my mum still thinks he is the most handsomest man in the world!!

I just wish that Posh would put on a bit of weight!!
15-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Im glad they are going.

At best David Beckham is a footballer past his prime who committed adultery knowing he had a family back home (and for those that are in the camp that say nothing happened, why didnt they sue Rebecca Loos?). While, in my opinion, Posh is a desperately insecure woman who feels the need to mention, in every interview she does, how much sex they are having/how he finds her irrestible/how she had to have her hair exts removed because they kept tangling up during sex. PUR-LEASE! She had them removed because the weight of them were pulling out her own hair, causing her bald patches. We know because her hairdresser said so.

Personally I think the millions he has been offered is a small price to pay for removing the vacuous idiots from the UK.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]