Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being forgetful
14-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Being forgetful

[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Last weekend I went shopping with my brother and his family, they spent a fortune; I having no wealth spent £1 on some fancy (but cheap) hair accessories. Heading back to the car I noticed that my little brown bag carrying my days purchases was no longer in my hand, my brother remembers me putting it down on the table in starbucks, they were probably mistaken for rubbish, so back to the shop we go and I purchase once again the same hair accessories, we browse once again round the shop and head back to the car, my niece needs the toilet so me and my brother wait in the mall and for the second time that day I notice I am minus my little brown paper bag. The first time was bad enough now it’s embarrassing as my brother looks at me with that quizzical look of disbelief. :confused: :wacko: I go back to the shop to see if anyone has picked them up (remember they only cost £1 each) but there is no way I am going to fork out again. I conclude that I am not meant to have these colourful bits of string on my head and return home purchaseless.

Yesterday I go into town alone after work this time I have some money and spend £30 on DVD discs for my new DVD recorder, I then go to tesco do some food shopping leave my shopping bags at customer service while I nip to the loo taking my other purchases with me, collect the tesco bags and go home, unpack and go to get my new discs out to record a film on TV and guess what? No bag from dixons containing new disc. I’ve done it again. I ring tesco but nothing has been handed in. I can’t actually pinpoint when I last saw the bag. I feel stupid because I paid in cash something I wouldn’t normally do, if anyone finds then they could take them back and get a refund (the receipt was in the bag-again stupido). I’m not normally absent minded and can clearly back track on my movements. However I did go through a bizarre period of forgetfulness a few years back when I was at uni. It seemed that every single day I would leave my keys in my locker, it was so embarrassing cos it kept happening every day and the guy who kept returning them to me couldn’t quite believe it each time. I removed my house keys from the key ring as I was getting sick of getting home without my keys. The worst thing I did with keys is leaving them in the lock of the house I shared with six others. I was first out in the morning and locked the door behind me but left the keys in. Oops! :ohmy: The others couldn’t get out, everyone missed their lectures that day and one girl cut her leg trying to get out of the window. They didn’t speak to me for ages, as no one could understand why I would even lock the door behind me. I can’t remember doing it. This episode lasted for about a month, I have no idea what triggered it or this latest episode. Has anyone else been through something similar? Any ideas what could trigger these episodes? I need help Huh

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Being forgetful
I became very forgetful when I became pregnant with my 1st child and to this day 19 years later I am still really forgetful....

I doubt that, that helps though does it Bob? Huh
14-11-2004, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2004 04:57 PM by Flip.)
Being forgetful
Oh Bob I loved your story and your forgetfullness - you are an authors dream character. :laugh:

I spend my life in a perpetual state of 'OMG what have I forgotten'?
  • I left my 3 month old baby on the kitchen bench, strapped into his car seat when I went to pick his elder brother up from school.
  • I have often gone shopping in the car and come home on the bus [when I lived on a bus route]
  • I constantly forget my childrens birthdays - between them they have had 20 birthdays and I have forgotten 4 of them.
  • I forgot my wedding anniversary last week.
  • I recently drove to my sisters pub [16 miles away] on automatic pilot and then remembered as I was pulling into the car park that I was meant to buying fabric in Newcastle 30+ miles away.
I get it from my mother - she forgot to put knickers on, and rang me from a shop once to ask me to bring some knickers for her.
14-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Being forgetful
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I became very forgetful when I became pregnant with my 1st child and to this day 19 years later I am still really forgetful....

I doubt that, that helps though does it Bob? Huh

What you mean you didn't remember getting pregnant or you didn't remember having your child :oops: or you think I could be pregnant :ohmy: :shock:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
14-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Being forgetful
Flip Wrote:I get it from my mother - she forgot to put knickers on, and rang me from a shop once to ask me to bring some knickers for her.

:laugh: forgive me flip but my evil mind when I read that thought you were going to say she forgot to put her knickers on and hence you were born.
Sorry Mrs Flip Blush

14-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Being forgetful
Bob Wrote:What you mean you didn't remember getting pregnant or you didn't remember having your child :oops: or you think I could be pregnant

I forget :oops: :shock: :laugh:
14-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Being forgetful
I'm sure there is something to do with pregnancy and becoming forgetful.

Like ils, after my first pregnancy, it started and just hasn't stopped.
I'm terrible for forgetting where I've put my keys, and after searching all over the house realising they were in my hands after all.

The worst one I did was going to a cash point machine, getting my money out and forgetting to take my card.
Luckily enough the next person at the machine was a kind one and handed the card into the bank.

Flip, I'm loving your forgetfulness stories, especially the going in the car and coming back on the bus, thats brilliant:laugh:
14-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Being forgetful
I can't begin to go down this road..I am so forgetfull it hurts. I know my future, my mother has full blown Altzeimers, both my elder sisters phone me up twice in an evening to tell me the same thing and vice versa.

My memory will go down the swanney sooner or later.
:sad:
14-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Being forgetful
I was going to say something...but I'm afraid I forgot what it was...
14-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Being forgetful
My friend once went shopping at Asdas, loaded up a full trolley, pushed it out to the car, got in the car and drove home .... and then realised that she'd left a trolley full of shopping in the car park!!! She phoned up Asda's and amazingly enough it had been handed in and was waiting for her!!

I forget things at work that I'm asked to do, my boss is constantly staggered by my vagueness and forgetfulness .... it's a skill I think! Anyway I find a little vagueness and forgetfulness makes other people underestimate you, and that is the only weaponry in my armoury sometimes!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...