Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben
14-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Ben

I am now rooting 95% for Ben...his performance this evening was sensational and I just love that his sound...always enjoyed Joe Cocker and the likes so it's fab to have a guy like Ben in the final 12! :applause:

[SIZE="7"]GO BEN![/SIZE]

The other 5% is divided in the following way...

2% for The Unconventionals cos I just love the fact they are so different...and I enjoyed tonights performance!:laugh:

2% for Eaton Road cos they are so unique...

1% for Robert who up until tonight had been alright but was amazing tonight!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2006, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2006 07:33 PM by survivorfan.)
Ben
THe only thing I'd say against him is we've had a Rod Stewart, we've had a Joe Cocker, is there room for another one or will people think it's already been done?

Him aside for me the best acts were three solo performers, the girl (Dionne?), the first act on (Robert?) and the boy (Ziggy Marley gone ginger)

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Ben
Oh there's always room for another Joe Cocker voice SF :wub: I know it is a personal taste thing and I'm not sure if Ben will have the wide appeal required to win this series but I do just love that sound. :applause:

It's Ashley's attitude that puts me off him a bit...

Dionne was very good but I don't warm to her as a person...

Robert was excellent!:applause:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
14-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Ben
It would appaer that Ben has been clean for 7months following counselling for drug addiction...well done:applause: ...he was hooked on cocain, acid and ecstacy...I just hope that he manages to stay clean with all the stress of the show and that which may follow!

16-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Ben
I did like Ben's performance. But I find I enjoy it more if I can't see him and also if I don't hear him talk afterwards!

as for being a young joe cocker/rod stewart - WHY OH WHY OH WHY does Louis have to say that everyone is "like someone else"? it gets on my nerves!

I thought the unmentionables should have been in the final two and also the two McDonald brothers who were poor beyond belief. Didn't rate the "chipper" Ray much either.

Still loving Nikita's work though!
16-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Ben
I didnt like Ray ... I find he sings very nasaly, and he doesnt seem in tune. The judges love him though (Ray is the one with the wild hair isnt he Huh ).

Im not keen on Ben. I only heard him sing briefly on the 'numbers to vote' section and i thought he sounded like Michael Bolton .... and i never did like him :wink2:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Ben
Bonsai Wrote:I didnt like Ray ... I find he sings very nasaly, and he doesnt seem in tune. The judges love him though (Ray is the one with the wild hair isnt he Huh ).

I think you mean Ashley, Bonnie. And I completely agree. Ray is the one from Liverpool with the slicked back hair who also sang out of tune!

I was surprised Dionne was in the bottom 2. It's a shame for the Unconventionals as I really feel they had a lot more to offer. I lay the blame with Louis for the song and the arrangement.
27-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Ben
Go Ben...wow what a performance the other night! :good:

I would love to have heard him sing 'Handbags and Gladrags' thouigh...:sad:

05-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Ben
Oh dear...a bad week for Ben this week...I hope the theme for next week is a bit more favorable to him! :laugh:

Bonnie...I can't stand Michael Bolton! Huh Ben has a much better voice than him...but them I am a sucker for a good soul/rock voice :wub:

05-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Ben
Coastie Wrote:Oh dear...a bad week for Ben this week...I hope the theme for next week is a bit more favorable to him! :laugh:

Bonnie...I can't stand Michael Bolton! Huh Ben has a much better voice than him...but them I am a sucker for a good soul/rock voice :wub:

Hello Coastie,

I differ here.

If you get the chance to listen to Michael Bolton's classical CD, you'll be saying different and you'd realise that Ben is just an also ran. Besides this, the likelihood of a talent show contestant getting beyond just that is rare.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user