Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of....."Audience with" - a question.
25-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Last night on ITV, Michael Parkinson hosted a programme showing the best bits from all the years of Audience with..... There have been many of these shows that I have thoroughly enjoyed and indeed a lot of clips were classics, most notably... Peter Ustinov, Kenneth Williams and Victoria Wood to name just three. However, what I found very mysterious was the absence of any mention or clip of one of the funniest ever "Audience With" shows, which was of course Billy Connollys. Considering Michael Parkinson is one of BC's best friends just added to the fact that it was very strange indeed. Did anyone else notice this ? If he was not included then it was a very deliberate decision for whatever reason.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Oo I saw Billy's show...excellent...naturally...but to be honest that is the only one I did watch as the rest have either been on when I was working (and there was something better to record) or they have been an Audience with someone I really am not interested in......

Very strange Billy didn't get a mention!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-09-2005, 01:19 AM
No doubt the Big Yin himself had some say in it. The man's a tw@t

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Not a fan then Fee? :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-09-2005, 01:49 AM
His on-stage persona is very funny :wink_kiss

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2005, 05:56 AM
What about his acting prowess?

26-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I saw this show, and i made me smile in places. I thought Kenneth Williams was a brilliantly funny man ..... can anyone else remember the kids show Willow the Wisp :laugh:

I dont tend to watch these shows, as i do feel the celebs are saying 'look at me, arent i wonderful and worth the thousands i get paid'. The only one i did watch was Freddie Starr when he threw the maggots over Faith Brown. I tell you, if i had been Faith i would of marched onto the stag and flattened him.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An Audience with Take That - Live Patsy 21 2,082 12-12-2006 04:44 PM
Last Post: Bella
  The question of talent or ability? Cruel to be kind. Northern angel 8 1,312 31-08-2006 08:58 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  An audience with Al Murray Isis 6 1,426 20-03-2005 11:45 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  An audience with Joe Pasquali kimmy 9 1,551 21-02-2005 06:06 PM
Last Post: Pandora