Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beyond Boundaries
11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Beyond Boundaries

BBC2 9pm tonight, and one I will NOT miss!

Forget Survivor or Celebrity Jungles thingies - this one is for real.

I expect to both laugh and cry, but am praying this is gonna be one unmissable programme.

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Beyond Boundaries
I'm taping this so shall watch it tomorrow! :w00t: Looks really good...love this sort of thing!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Beyond Boundaries
Excellent - it will be running over the next 4 weeks, and I will make dammed sure I don't miss a minute of it.Coastie, I was right though, be ready with the hanky for the tears....and the ear-plugs for the language! :shocking:

11-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Beyond Boundaries
oh I enjoyed this tonight.

I had Charlie's number right from word go! A man with a balanced outlook on life ... a chip on both shoulders!

Thought the girl in the wheelchair (Sophie I think her name was) was a bit of an airhead. Bit of a sweeping statement to say that half the world are a waste of space! Still she's only been a paraplegic for a couple of years and in many ways she is probably like she was before her tragic accident ...spoilt, uppity and bossy!!

Some truly great characters here ... warts and all.

I'll be watching next week.

Although the more of these programmes I watch the more sceptical I become about the editing and the voice over etc.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
11-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Beyond Boundaries
Looking forward to it....tomorrow afternoon with a large cup of tea and some chocolate I reckon..... :w00t:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Beyond Boundaries
Thanks for posting about this Eternity it was terrific although Charlie really got on my nerves as one of the most able and most complaining. I will definitely be following this.
13-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Beyond Boundaries
Did anyone else see this yet? It is most excellent and I urge you to give it ago next Wednesday 9pm BBC2 ... go on you know you want to!

I know he's an irritating fusspot but I find Charlie fascinating. I'm sure he's Derek from BB's long lost twin! he is one of the most able bodied but is constantly drawing attention to himself by saying he feels sick, he's too tired etc etc. When we see flashbacks of him to his "real" life he is down the gym with thighs as well developed as Atlas's, and yet in the jungle he's moaning more than anyone else about being knackered. I think he's used to being the centre of attention, being black, gay and deaf and very articulate and probably very funny in normal life, but he seems to be way out of his depth with this crowd as some of their disabilities seem so much more pronounced. (not belittling his disability at all, just by being slightly deaf in one ear, I sometimes find crowds of people all talking at once quite bewildering, so it must be awful for him to feel excluded sometimes because of this).

Charlie and Sophie are my darlings at the moment ... and it is for them and their moanings and explosions that I'm hooked already! Good of Chas and Soph!

Look at me ranting on and on ... anyone else have any thoughts?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
16-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Beyond Boundaries
Fantastic...have to say though Charlie is an extremely bad advertisement for deaf people! :glare: What a complete and utter spud head!

Mama Coastie was gutted she missed it as she heard there was a deaf person on there and when I told her what he was like she was shocked. She said off all the deaf people they could have chosen why him....Mama Coastie is a sign language interpreter by the way and has lots of deaf friends.

I have a bit of a crush on the Blind guy Blush

17-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Beyond Boundaries
Don't forget this is on tomorrow night (Tues) at 9pm BBC2!

It probably wont really matter that you didn't see episode one ... you're smart, you'll catch up!

18-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Beyond Boundaries
I can't even really explain the emotions I have gone through in this second episode. It really makes you thankful to be 'whole', and wants you to stay that way. I have watched some real grit and courage from the bulk of these people and my heart goes out to them. Yep, even the deaf guy, pain though he is, has so many issues more in his mind than in his body.

If you missed it, you have missed the best thing on TV right now - I feel drained, and I only sat and watched it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Beyond Boundaries - Series 2 BBC2 at 9pm Sundays Dolores 12 2,410 25-10-2006 12:24 PM
Last Post: Minklemar