Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beyond Boundaries - Series 2 BBC2 at 9pm Sundays
01-10-2006, 04:21 PM

I'm not sure if many people watched this last time round.

It is about a group of disabled people travelling across difficult terrain. Last time they travelled across South America (I think) ... this time they're doing it across Africa.

It's well worth a look-see and will probably throw up some good discussions ... go on give it a go!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Dol hadn't realised there was a new series of this. I enjoyed the last series but will have to tape this as Cracker is on at the same time.
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Taped Cracker and watched this instead. Felt sorry for Pam althoughshe should have told them about her problem with the heat.

The one being pushed in the wheelchair and moaning about others not keeping up the pace really annoyed me.

The white water rafting looked quite spectacular and dangerous when the raft overturned even though the helicopters were nearby.

I will definitely be tuning in next week.
02-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Ah yes, moaning Heidi in the wheelchair.

now don't get me wrong I have boundless admiration for these people for coping with their disabilities ... but as in the last series it never fails to amaze me at how unsympathetic they are to others in a group of disabled people who they feel aren't giving it their all.

I suspect that sometimes they are used to being the "token" disabled person and feed off the boundless admiration of others and get quite peed off when they have to consider someone elses feelings/shortcomings.

I liked Sophie (the dwarf lady - sorry if that's not pc - but I can't spell the technical name!). She was feisty, had over come major difficulties in her life and seemed to have an empathy and sympathy for those who coudn't keep up quite so well. Ditto the bloke with no arms (can't remember his name). Both had been disabled since birth, whereas some of the stroppier ones had been disabled later in life.

I admired Pam's enthusiasm for the task but felt that she let herself and the team down with her non-disclosure of a very serious medical condition - not being able to regulate body heat.

Thought the Doc was fab last series and he's fab this series too.
03-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Wanted to watch this but had to go to a party...I prioritised with taping Cracker but did really enjoy the last Beyond Bounderies...I just hope that the token deaf person isn't such a prat as the last one!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Coastie Wrote:Wanted to watch this but had to go to a party...I prioritised with taping Cracker but did really enjoy the last Beyond Bounderies...I just hope that the token deaf person isn't such a prat as the last one!

Did you see this last night (epo 2)

Mark the deaf goth was in my opinion the star.

What he said around the camp fire about sensory sensuality woo'ed may a woman last night.

If you go to www.bbc.co.uk\ouch Mark and Richie are posting and answering questions.

in his last post
"Lets hope one day in the future I have the honour of meeting a gal who will enjoy the things I have to offer, and on a note of trying NOT to sound self pitying it's been a few years since I've been with someone, so fingers crossed for an open minded partner."
11-10-2006, 07:07 AM
I got to see episode two and it was excellent...they have a good bunch this time and no-one got on my nerves the same way a few did last time...and yes Slip the deaf guy Mark was a little star bless him! :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
16-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Watched it last night (seems I'm the only one here)

What a F'g nightmare that lot are.

I wouldn't want to cross Acton with them let alone Africa !!

Winge Winge Winge

The only ones I can tolerate are Pete, Mark and Sophie. I do feel sorry for Kim as she had the biggest disability but I think maybe the Beeb were slightly optimistic to include her.

Anyway, I have several opinions on the participants (obviously) but it does seem like I'm the only one watching it as this is the only thread and in the past week only Coasties added any responses.
16-10-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm watching it too, Slips ... it is the highlight of my viewing week!

I too am amazed at the selfishness of at least three of them: Kate in the wheelchair, Chorlton and the Wheelies (as I have christened him!) and the incredibly obnoxious Tim. The are so awful about anyone who is slower than they are (Kim) or who might want to stop and smell the coffee (Pete) - or god forbid actually support some of the ones who need more encouragement. Loved it when Soph overtook Chorlton!!!

Sophie, Pete and Mark are my favourites too. I also liked the man with no arms who dropped out last week.

I was warming to Heidi a smidgeon because she was so upset about leaving - but basically she seemed to be a pain in the **** (quite literally actually!).

Apparently in the preview for next week the behaviour of some of them is even more selfish and even more embarrassing to watch - apparently they abandon Ken the tour guide!!

It's the last one next week and I hope they show another series of it.
24-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Another excellent series over.

Dear sweet Tim was portrayed as belligerent from start to finish. I wonder why they would chose to portray him like this. On the BBC messageboard, Chorleton was posting and said he was actually a nice guy who was much more caring and funnier than he was eddited ... although Pete (tourettes) still seemed to think he was a bit of an a-hole!!!

Mark (the deaf guy) was also posting on the BBC message board and he seemed to have lost touch with the others. In fact reading between the lines they all seemed to have lost touch with each other ... which seems a shame after undertaking such an amazing experience together.

On teh programme the Dr (who my son wants to be just like, bless him, finally a decent role model for him!) was gobsmacked at the behaviour of the group and how they all turn on one member, usually Pete, who's tourette's behaviour made him act very bizzarely at times. Im not saying Pete wouldn't annoy me, but I'm sure that once I realised WHY he was behaving in a strange manner that I would have made allowances (and I don't think that's patronising - heck I make allowances for lots of people who consider themselves normal!).

It was a shame that this time they didn't say that there would be another series next year. Maybe Ken (ex-SAS soldier who'd been on numerous expeditions) was pee'd off cos his advice was ignored by Terrible Tim!!!

Good show with great and memorable characters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hells Kitchen USA (New Series) Coastie 29 4,852 13-11-2006 08:26 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  New series of Castaway to be set on "exotic" island... Dolores 11 2,356 24-10-2006 05:55 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Apprentice USA - new series? survivorfan 14 2,614 23-10-2006 09:55 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Extras - Series 2 (Thursday, 9pm, BBC2) PJ 33 3,701 15-10-2006 10:05 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Next Series of The Apprentice Groucho 8 1,918 06-10-2006 07:21 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  New series of Come Dine With Me Critique 6 1,174 29-07-2006 08:01 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Without A Trace - Series 3 Coastie 31 3,063 18-07-2006 09:34 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Girls, new series of Britain's next top model starts................. bridge 2 890 03-07-2006 06:09 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Hustle - Series 3 Seabreeze 13 1,794 06-04-2006 07:03 AM
Last Post: Chingachgook
  *New Series* America's next top model bridge 54 5,166 29-03-2006 07:26 PM
Last Post: bridge