Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Connolly's World Tour of New Zealand
19-11-2004, 06:54 PM

This series of 8 programmes starts on Saturday 20th November at 9.30pm on BBC1

It looks very similar to the programme he did on Australia a few years back. Basically he travels the length and breadth of the country on his motorbike viewing the scenery and meeting locals on his way. It also features clips from his NZ comedy gigs.

I'll be watching for sure Smile
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Pity it's not something scheduled in for next year Voice ...he could have visited you!

I liked the last one he did on Australia, trouble is I think this is the same time as the X-factor results.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2004, 11:28 PM
I really enjoyed Billy's other show's, so I'm looking forward to this.

I'm hoping he goes to Auckland and my mate might be on it, although I doubt it very much cause i'm sure I would have heard otherwise.
22-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Watched the first one of these (whilst flicking back to watch the X-factor result) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Billy's sheer delight at the quirks and norms of other countries is lovely to watch and his observational comedy remains hilariously rude.
23-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I enjoyed this too, Billy certainly has a unique sense of humour Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
24-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Can't wait for next week's installment, I'm hoping he visits Queenstown, It's a fantastic place. His jokes as ever incredibly rude but very funny Smile

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
24-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Bob Wrote:Can't wait for next week's installment, I'm hoping he visits Queenstown, It's a fantastic place. His jokes as ever incredibly rude but very funny Smile

Queenstown was one of the only places I really disliked, mind you, it was summer when we were there and it's a winter place really.
24-11-2004, 06:58 PM
i'm glad 2 see billy back on tv again he's gr8 : )
24-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Voice of reason Wrote:Queenstown was one of the only places I really disliked, mind you, it was summer when we were there and it's a winter place really.

I was there in summer voice, I can guess why you disliked it, is it because it's not called the las vagas of New Zealand for nothing!?
I'm an adrenaline junkie so Queenstown was awesome for me

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
25-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Bob Wrote:I was there in summer voice, I can guess why you disliked it, is it because it's not called the las vagas of New Zealand for nothing!?
I'm an adrenaline junkie so Queenstown was awesome for me
Lol yes Bob, I found it dead depressing, it was basically a rather tacky out of season ski resort. But we moved onto Wanaka for New Year, which I loved. I'm hoping Billy will go there, fingers crossed he'll do Milford Sound and Te Anu as well. Bliss Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sharpe's Challenge/12 Books That Changed The World. Northern angel 4 693 01-05-2006 03:53 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Lost world of Mitchell and Kenyon Andrea 5 1,066 29-01-2005 12:07 AM
Last Post: Andrea
  World Shut Your Mouth - Dom Jolly Bella 8 1,532 22-01-2005 12:50 PM
Last Post: PJ