Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Binge Drinnking?
15-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Binge Drinnking?

I have returned from a fraught, yet amusing evening at a Benefice Forum meeting. I have a very sore throat [medical not cos I talk too much] and feel a bit pants.

So I got in the house at 9.30pm and had a massive glass of iced water, closely followed by a glass of red, then another in the space of about 1/2 an hour.

Now I know this is too quick for me, hence me having to go back over every word I type and correct the spelling and this taking me ages.

So - in my own head I sort of feel like I am binging, as I will have half a bottle before I retire. Yet, normally I will have half a bottle, and this will last me from about 4pm till 8 pm - so half a bottle over 4 hours, 5 times a week is not too bingey?? IMO.

Yet if I go out and not drink [like tonight], I feel when I get home I have to make up for it and binge my usual amount in a much shorter space of time. So is this bingeing?

Do you binge on alcohol??

And if you don't drink - did you ever binge and what are your thoughts now??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Binge Drinnking?
I'm with you Flip. When I get a taste for it, I do have more than my fair share in one go.

Also I agree that when I've been out, particularly if I've been driving I look forward to kicking my shoes off and having a glass of something when I get home.

I'd probably be classified as a binger as I'll go weeks without a drop then have a really good session!
16-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Binge Drinnking?
I must admit that I drink very little now, NO WAY I here all those that went to the meet say.
But actually, at night at home I'd rather have a cup of tea than a drink. I have the reasoning that I have to get up early with the kids in the morning and I'd rather be feeling good than half asleep with a hangover.

But take me on a night out, and its a different matter. I do like a drink, and I like my wine.
We do sometimes have a bottle of wine in the evening at home, usually at the weekend. But somehow hubby just has one glass, and somehow I manage to drink all the rest.:ohmy:

Does that make me a binge drinker.

actually now I really fancy a drinkSmile
16-11-2004, 06:57 AM
Binge Drinnking?
I think I would be classed as a binge drinker as I very rarely drink at home these days except maybe a beer with my dinner [Image: beer.gif]

But when I go out socially I tend to drink quite a lot. Having said that, I have cut down a lot in the last 6 months or so as I don't like runining the next day by feeling like ****e [Image: sick.gif]
16-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Binge Drinnking?
I suppose I could be classed as a binge drinker although I'm not as bad as I used to be.

I rarely drink at home - maybe half a bottle of wine with my Sunday roast - but when I go out I like to drink a lot. In fact, up until fairly recently, I used to drink with the sole intention of getting drunk but I've finally grown up. There aren't many things worse than a very drunk middle aged woman. So now I'm a bit more aware of how I'm feeling and how much more I can take.

I went to a couple of parties recently and because they were out in the sticks (and I was on a diet) I drove, and it made me realise I can have a good time without having a drink. Also it's fun to watch others getting drunk and I still feel fresh at the end of the evening and, of course - no hangover!
16-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Binge Drinnking?
I dont think im a binger.

I do enjoy a drink, and drink more or less every evening. I tend to have either 1/2 bottle of wine, or a vodka and coke.

Sometimes though i feel the real need to get rat-arsed, and i find that odd for someone of my age. But once every couple of months i go all out to get drunk, and then regret it instantly as i suffer with terrible hangovers these days.

I think my mood dictates how much i drink. If im happy i dont drink much, but if im miserable i will drown my sorrows.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Binge Drinnking?
Well most of you know I never drink. I used to and I'd say that when I did I was a binge drinker. I stopped drinking because I find that alcohol doesn't suit me, even one glass of wine makes me feel awful and I'm too much of a control freak to enjoy being tipsy! These days I just offer to drive and let everyone else have a drink, they know I'm not interested so they are happy to accept and I'm happy to do it.
16-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Binge Drinnking?
I would say you have a problem if you drink every day, even if you are not necessarily binge drinking. Anything we have a compulsion to do that regularly is likely to be a problem.

I don't often have a drink, but when I do is normally just a couple of glasses with a meal if I go out. Unfortunately though I do sometimes end up going a bit mad if I'm celebrating something, but that probably only happens once or twice a year at the most.
16-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Binge Drinnking?
I am under no illusions. I binge drink.

I don't tend to get drunk at home - I rarely drink midweek and even at weekends, if me and Mr H are in, we might buy in a bottle of wine and share it, but more often than not we either don't bother, or we buy a bottle and I just have 1 glass. That's not to say that I never drink at home -but it is unusual for me to do so.

But when I go out socially I could easily do a whole weeks units in one evening. And then some! That is most definitely binge drinking.

The weeks leading up to Christmas are paticularly bad. Which is why I usually spend January on the wagon (except on my birthday). My poor liver needs time to recover!

If I thought about it much, it'd probably bother me.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
17-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Binge Drinnking?
Well being a student it usually comes with the territory (Though one always has the choice not to drink)

At the moment, I go out properly once a week, where drinks are 80p-£1 and I'll get drunk on a tenner, but it's great because the last 2 weeks, I've found a level where when I've spent that tenner, I don't fancy anymore drinks, nor do I fancy food...

Aside from that night, I'll go to a student bar about 3 or 4 times a week, and have a couple of pints, which is quite pointless and quite bingey...

I usually have a couple of sober nights...

Last Friday hower, me and two mates bought 2 boxes of grolsch (48 bottles) which we managed to consume in one night :o! Quite a task... and quite a binge...

I should really cut down, both for health and money... if I could quite easily not drink when I go to the pub, which would cut down quite a lot of my intake...

But we'll see what happens...

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!