Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth control - what do you use/recommend?
29-05-2005, 11:42 AM

So, I really need to start using a better form of birth control than condoms, because I keep havng moments of broodiness, and it's too easy then just not to use them and honestly I know logically I don't want another baby for years - if ever. But trey telling my hormones that!

Anyway I was just wondering what everyone else is using and what your'd recommend I was thinking the injection pill might be best as it would mean I couldn't do anything daft, but then I also had that when I was about 17 and living with my parents, and my mum claims it turned me into the worlds biggest bitch Big Grin

A lot of women seem to have the coil, but the idea scares me a bit. I don't know if I want anyone messing around down there, and I hear it hurts.

Sponges and diaphrams won't help cos I'll have the same problem, so I'm a bit confused :blink:

:ranting: My IE crashed as I was about to add the poll and now I don't think I can do it!

Gel x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2005, 11:43 AM
A 5p piece between the knees.
29-05-2005, 11:48 AM
5p isn't going to be enough to stop me. Now maybe if someone gave me a few grand and said I could keep it if I held it between my knees for so long....

Reminds me what afriend of mine used to say, which went along the lines off, keep your legs shut or I'll sew it up Big Grin

Gel x
29-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Gelastic Wrote::ranting: My IE crashed as I was about to add the poll and now I don't think I can do it!

Try it again and ask one of the mods to delete this thread for you.
29-05-2005, 11:53 AM
I find abstinence works for me! Mr B not so enthused with this plan, but there you go, can't have everything in life Smile
29-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Sterilisation works for me, although it is a bit drastic if you are not sure if you want anymore children!
29-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Selotape and bubble wrapping.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2005, 12:50 PM
A combination of SO addiction and stubborn cultivation of a Grizzly Adams beard had spectacular caelibatus results for me over last winter.
29-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I just don't think you lot are taking this seriously *sigh*

Specially you Dab, I was just thinking what a fab idea cos I'm alrady half there, but then I realised I can't grow a beard :mad2: Should I grow my armpit hair instead?

Gel x
29-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Gel I was gonna say seperate bedrooms - but like you say that is not serious and it doesn't help at all!!

It is difficult to advise someone on something that is fairly subjective. A lot of women find the pill the best - for me no though - I forget. How about the injection?? I tried this for a while and it was fine - it meant that I know I was nearly 100% safe and I didn't have to remember anything daily. My sis swears by it.

Then there is the coil - now in my days the coil was the size of a supercharged V6 engine and most uncomfortable when inserted with a block and tackle - nowadays I am assured they are fine, minute little contraptions - and again lots of women swear by them. I had a bad experience with one - but like I say it was nearly the size of the QE2 - so that is not much help.

Of course, there is the drastic end of the spectrum like ils says sterilisation or the male 'snip', the latter works for me! But it has to be after both parties are through with procreation.

And that is all I can think of, apart from the condom, which I have never had much dealings with other than the odd party trick!

Good Luck - I would go see your GP or local nurse - and discuss your needs and fears - they are bound to have some sound and good advice!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wine etc. - recommend your tipples here! Coastie 26 1,466 10-12-2006 06:12 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  New Birth Certificate PJ 13 1,331 02-12-2006 04:50 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  I can highly recommend.... floopy 85 3,975 02-05-2006 03:22 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Things you WOULDN'T recommend Dolores 26 1,131 01-04-2006 11:28 AM